Still waiting for package from US to UK

JuiceBox

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
Hello, I bought a watch on ebay and it was sent on the 25th of July from the US - It's now 13th August and I don't know whether it should've been here by now? It was sent via 'USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope' - I've heard it should take 2 weeks but some people say up to a month. Its value it just about £40 in £'s. Soo has anyone had anything the US recently - if so how long did it take? :/

EDIT: also the tracking number shows its been posted but cos it was cheap it doesnt provide any other info such as where it is (big help!)

Good luck. I have had 2 different package sent to the uk in the last month (both sent 7/9) that I had trouble with. the 1st did not even make it out of the us until 8/1 the second has been waiting for pickup since 7/20 Did you try to put the tracking number into www.parcelforce.com?

Yeah I did - it didnt work so I tried royal mail and it keeps saying "come back later" and talks about recorded items not showing info until they've been delivered ... also we have strikes due next week in the big sorting office in the city so I can't imagine that's going to help either X____x;

Have you tried calling your local parcelforce centre, it may be there and the letter from them has not arrived, as you may have customs charges to pay (they won't deliver until you have paid them)?

Thought I'd mention as I got a parcel from US, using USPS Priority Mail (it took 2 weeks), Parcel force sent a letter with customs charges and I had to pay either before delivery or at pick up from Parcelforce depot.

Why are the UK postal people having a strike?
It annoys me that 1. we're in a recession 2. there are many people redundant and these postal people want more money.
rah!

update: watch is at the post office - have to pay £12.50 for customs etc but thats not too bad - getting it on tuesday! :smile: but I dont think I'll buy from the US again - too much hassle!