Still...looking for a TRADING not SELLING forum for highend bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzi333

Mar 13, 2008
I'm not looking to SELL anything. I'm simply trying to connect with other purse lovers/collectors that may be in the same boat I am...Love for high end bags but no budget to buy them right now. Is there a forum for trading/swapping anyone can recommend? I've read the rules and done a search both here and on the WWW so no need to point me to the rule about trying to sell her or refer me to ebay.

My original thread:

Forum for trading/swapping high end bags
Can anyone recommend a site for folks interested is trading/swapping high end bags? I don't want to sell because I can't get what they are worth but I'd like to update my collection without making a big investment. Is it bad form to solicit trades here at TPF?

The only site I know that does that is this forum but you need to have a certain number of posts before you can apply to be a member of the Marketplace.
Do a search for 'marketplace' here and see if the info comes up. :yes:

I'm not looking to SELL anything. I'm simply trying to connect with other purse lovers/collectors that may be in the same boat I am...Love for high end bags but no budget to buy them right now. Is there a forum for trading/swapping anyone can recommend? I've read the rules and done a search both here and on the WWW so no need to point me to the rule about trying to sell her or refer me to ebay.

My original thread:

Forum for trading/swapping high end bags Can anyone recommend a site for folks interested is trading/swapping high end bags? I don't want to sell because I can't get what they are worth but I'd like to update my collection without making a big investment. Is it bad form to solicit trades here at TPF?

I think they frown on that kind of thing here, but apparently Bonanzle allows trades. I once messaged them to see if it was OK and this was the response:

Hi Temo,

Best way to do that would be for both buyers to "Buy" the item from that sellers booth and checkout with a money order. Then you will have feedback, a record of the transaction and Bonanzle will get fees as well.

Regards,
Mark Dorsey
Bonanzle

Last edited:
I have heard of Trading/Swapping groups in my area. It's simply a group of women who meet every month to trade/swap high-end clothing & accessories (handbags & shoes are also included). It was really more of a social event as he members take turns hosting the night (wine & cheese). You are allowed to bring two items to be swapped/traded per month.

Maybe you could do a search on Meet-up.com for one near you.

Good luck

^^omg that is such a fun idea!!

It is fun! I'm in a swapping group but it's not the high end stuff, more mid-price and we tend to swap children's stuff more. I have made some great friends from the group. There's about 15 of us so there's lot of items to go around. Maybe I should bring up in our next meeting...there's a chanel handbag I've been eying from a fellow member.

If you read the rules you'd see that no you may not trade here. :nogood:
Again, please use our search tool. As you can imagine w/ over 210,000 members that love bags this has been asked many times before :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.