Still haven't decided! Reissue in fall 08 dk silver or metallic black?

Jul 14, 2008
This is my first chanel ever, and now that I've finally decided on a size (226) I still can't figure out which color. I narrowed it down to two choices.. which one do you think would be more versatile? Won't look as dated in several years? I feel like the black would be, but the silver is so pretty!

In some pics, the dk silver looks more 'shiny' and in some, the black looks more 'shiny.' can anyone clear up as to which is more 'shiny' in real life?

As of the moment, I own 2 medium sized purses (both brown) and one black clutch.

Last edited:
I think you should definitely get a DS! DS is one of the most versatile color IMO. You can wear day to night, spring to winter, and with any color. Black is classic, but it's more limited (i.e. I personally don't like wearing black with brown), and when you wearing black, DS stands out more. Plus, black will always be around, so if you change your mind, you can always get one later. Just my 2 cents.

izybeli

hm... so metallic black will always be around? i noticed the dk silver has been around for a few seasons, but I'm not really fond of the earlier seasons' dark silvers so I guess if I like fall 08 dk silver now would be the time..

I was thinking really hard about the metallic black (with the black hw) or the metallic DS. In the end, I went with the DS because I have always wanted a neutral like grey or dark silver bag. I think it would go well with most things and like izybeli says, stands out more with black.

This DS apparently is more like a pewter which is so gorgeous. I haven't gotten mine yet, it should be here later in the week. Hope this helps.