Still deciding-florentine vs dillen satchel

Trudysmom

Jul 22, 2009
I am now deciding which satchel to get- florentine or dillen. Any thoughts? I like both leathers but I wonder if anyone likes the satchel in one more than the other. I am still deciding on color since I have most colors in my other bags. Maybe Ocean blue.

I am now deciding which satchel to get- florentine or dillen. Any thoughts? I like both leathers but I wonder if anyone likes the satchel in one more than the other. I am still deciding on color since I have most colors in my other bags. Maybe Ocean blue.

I vote for Florentine all the way... My style is pretty dressy/dress casual most times, so I like bags that kick/dress up my outfit and I think Flo does that. I think the Flo bags are a bit dressier, especially in the Flo satchel. I view the Dillen satchels as more of a casual/jeans type of bag because of the contrasting honey trim. I put Dillen in the same category as All Weather Leather.... Though beautiful bags, More casual. This is just my personal opinion based on how I tend to carry the bags and owning both types of leather.

I guess it depends on how you tend to carry the bags. The Ocean is beautiful in the Flo satchel.

The contrasting trim on the Dillen is a nice look but I have to say I'm partial to Florentine. I just prefer the look and feel of it. On the other hand the Dillen had it's pluses. It's more of an all weather bag so if you live in a part if the country that has bad weather then you might get more use out of it. They are pretty comparable in price so it really just comes down to personal preference and what your needs are.

I vote for Florentine all the way... My style is pretty dressy/dress casual most times, so I like bags that kick/dress up my outfit and I think Flo does that. I think the Flo bags are a bit dressier, especially in the Flo satchel. I view the Dillen satchels as more of a casual/jeans type of bag because of the contrasting honey trim. I put Dillen in the same category as All Weather Leather.... Though beautiful bags, More casual. This is just my personal opinion based on how I tend to carry the bags and owning both types of leather.

I guess it depends on how you tend to carry the bags. The Ocean is beautiful in the Flo satchel.

^^I agree with this 100% ^^ That's exactly how I roll!

When my attire is dressier, I carry Florentine. When it's casual, I reach for my Dillen. To me, Dillen has a more laid back look to it. I absolutely love both! You can't go wrong with Ocean Blue Florentine...it's a beautifully saturated color. I have it in Smith.

Last edited:

I agree with you all. I like to dress up also. I wish I could reply to more than one at a time, I am not sure how to do that.

Thank you. :wave:

^^I agree with this 100% ^^ That's exactly how I roll!

When my attire is dressier, I carry Florentine. When it's casual, I reach for my Dillen. To me, Dillen has a more laid back look to it. I absolutely love both! You can't go wrong with Ocean Blue Florentine...it's a beautifully saturated color. I have it in Smith.
Nice that you have the Ocean Blue and like it! Thanks.

The contrasting trim on the Dillen is a nice look but I have to say I'm partial to Florentine. I just prefer the look and feel of it. On the other hand the Dillen had it's pluses. It's more of an all weather bag so if you live in a part if the country that has bad weather then you might get more use out of it. They are pretty comparable in price so it really just comes down to personal preference and what your needs are.
Thank you! I didn't know the Dillen was better in most weather. It should not be a problem.

For me it is definitely a question of which color your want to get. Once you decide that, I think it's easier. Because some colors I like so much better with the trim on the dillen. But there are many colors that only come in flo. So that is always my deciding factor. I like that the dillen is more resistant to weather and wear, but I love how the flo is so soft.

For me it is definitely a question of which color your want to get. Once you decide that, I think it's easier. Because some colors I like so much better with the trim on the dillen. But there are many colors that only come in flo. So that is always my deciding factor. I like that the dillen is more resistant to weather and wear, but I love how the flo is so soft.
Deciding on color is hard since I have most in my Coach Willis etc. I was now thinking about the Strawberry but is seems so orange in photos.