Review Stila Smudge Sticks

krinkles597

Jun 29, 2008
Quick take: Beautiful, smooth colors but don't last and are in bad packaging.

Full review: These are soft eyeliners in beautiful colors that go on opaque in one swipe. That's where the good points end. I don't know what I expected since it's called a "smudge stick," but it is definitely not waterproof. It goes all over the place! After I wore the color Peacock on my upper lash line for about an hour to two hours, there was a hard line of color that transferred to my lid, blue all over my waterline and lower lashline, and even on my cheeks! :rant:
The click mechanisms are also highly unreliable. The first one I got didn't click up at all. I exchanged it, clicked it up to look at the color, and it wouldn't click back down! I was prepared to take it back for the second time, until some searching on the internet proved that they weren't even supposed to click back down! Every time I close it, the cap mutilates the piece that's sticking up. I will definitely stick to my oldies but goodies Urban Decay 24/7 liner and Chanel Stylo Yeux.

Stila has really gone downhill. They used to make high quality makeup. But this past year they were purchased by another company and not only are we subjected to their female CEO's masculine equine face all over their website, but also inferior products that are no where close to what they used to be. It used to be my favorite makeup brand and I spent over $300 on their website in 2009. I regret every single purchase I made in 2010, especially their warehouse sale. I will never buy a Stila product again.

I remember the smudge pots were like that. I guess they were supposed to smudge, but they looked more like bad mascara. I have several of their classic trios, quads, and look books from years ago. I still love them. Sad that they're not what they used to be.

after hearing how fantastic stila as a brand was i got a palette this year and was stunned. not only didnt i like it, but it was chalky and had almost no colour pay off. i was so surprised that it was so bad after all i had heard of how creamy wonderful they were.

I was just reading through the thread and I am surprised none of you like the smudge sticks. I have used several brands but something is always lacking. Either it's not dark enough or smudges easily. In fact my eyes are very sensitive so very few liners don't bother my eyes.

I use the black (stingray) religiously and I love it. I tried other colors and they irritated my eyes (maybe the glitter in them had something to do with it).

I own 3 of them...I would def. give it another try :smile:

I was so excited when these came out and bought three (lionfish, moray and purple tang). When used on my waterline, they migrate to my contacts which makes for haha, a large eyeliner smudge on the lens. It is IMPOSSIBLE to remove once on my contacts. I've tried a few different methods of application and haven't been successful in avoiding the contact lens issue. I finally gave up.

I love the colors on these and absolutely LOATHE the packaging. They also melt easily and make a mess.

I agree with those who said that Stila's quality has really gone downhill in the last year. If I didn't have a friend who worked in distribution and constantly sent me free stuff, I wouldn't even bother with it anymore.

I loved those Barbie Smudge pots - especially Little Black Dress.

My friend just sent a bunch of Smudge Pots (Black, Brown, Green, Grey, and Little Black Dress). I still love those, especially when they're free.

Stila has really gone downhill. They used to make high quality makeup. But this past year they were purchased by another company and not only are we subjected to their female CEO's masculine equine face all over their website, but also inferior products that are no where close to what they used to be. It used to be my favorite makeup brand and I spent over $300 on their website in 2009. I regret every single purchase I made in 2010, especially their warehouse sale. I will never buy a Stila product again.

:roflmfao: