stiff/structured MAM vs. smooshy kind ... help pls!

i know a lot of people are fans of the smooshy leather. but i was looking for a stiff/structed leather for the MAM, since i like the box shape and would like it to keep that way (esp. have a firm bottom)

are there any leather types, colors, etc .. that are especially stiff in the MAM? Thanks so much! and also, if you know or have any pics that show the difference between stiff RM leather and smooshy, would be appreciated!! :smile:

The glazed leather are generally stiffer but some soften more quickly than others. I'm sure some of the other gals who own glazed bags can share more info.

Also patent leather bags tend to keep their shape best as well as bags with patent trim.

If you really want your bag to maintain its shape, you may want to consider the Matinee. Good luck in your search and keep up posted on what you decide.

The glazed and croc leathers are stiffer. What color are you looking for in general? There are soooo many leathers/colors,that it's easier to focus on a certain color range.

thanks ladies! you guys are really helpful and responsive :heart:

i was looking at any color range! i just love the nikki, i hardly care what color .. either in brights like yellow, turqouise .. or rich deep red, purples, navy

Burgundy and lavender are 2 recent glazed leathers that come to mind.
The plum and envy mamms I have are kind of stiff, but I haven't broke them in at all. The leather will get softer with time (as most do) but the base on those 2 is pretty firm.

I've had a couple of Mabs and some mams and I sold all of them because no matter how hard I tried, they still smooshed. So now I am a die hard Mattie fan!