stiff leather

CMUmom56

Jun 25, 2009
I just received my mini Nikki and I love it. It was delivered by UPS this evening when the weather was in the low teens -- now to my question. I am hoping that this black leather gets smooshier the more I use it, but until then how can I make it a little more pliable. The bag is stiff as an ironing board -- I have never had leather like this and I am hoping it was due to the fact it spent most of the day on that UPS truck in freezing temps. Any and all help would be much appreciated -- thank you ladies :biggrin:

Yes Ebony will break in with use. I have it in a Darling & while it is stiff when I got it, it starts to break in with one use. Some parts are getting rather soft. I don't use all my bags all the time so the breaking in process is always slower for my bags.

Thanks for the positive feedback -- I am spoiled by my Balenciagas with their soft, broken in leather -- although the other 2 RM bags I have weren't as stiff when I got them. I am using the bag today and will probably stick with it until it gets softer. I really like the style of the mini Nikki and it will be a welcome addition to my collection. :biggrin:

I received my Nikki in Cardinal the other day and at first I thougt it was due to the cold weather but it is still really stiff, although I really love the color. Anybody else have it?

Yeah with my Bals I am always watching where I put them and making sure I don't scratch them. RM bags are great and I love all 3 of them -- the leather will break in eventually -- they do take a beating and come out looking great. My mini Nikki is hanging on the doorknob stuffed with books -- hope this works!