stiff leather

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just received my mini Nikki and I love it. It was delivered by UPS this evening when the weather was in the low teens -- now to my question. I am hoping that this black leather gets smooshier the more I use it, but until then how can I make it a little more pliable. The bag is stiff as an ironing board -- I have never had leather like this and I am hoping it was due to the fact it spent most of the day on that UPS truck in freezing temps. Any and all help would be much appreciated -- thank you ladies :biggrin:

2. What's the name of the color? If it's black haze, it's gonna take some breaking in...

3. It's called Ebony and I purchased from Nordstrom

4. You could put some books in it and hang it from a doorknob. Basically put some tension on it to help make it more pliable. It should take a few minutes, but eventually it will puddle.

5. thnx -- I have it hanging as we speak -- put some Apple leather conditioner on it and will try the books. I'm wearing her out tomorrow so we shall see.:smile:

6. Ebony should break in with use. A lot of bags are stiff at first, unless they are lambskin.

7. Yes Ebony will break in with use. I have it in a Darling & while it is stiff when I got it, it starts to break in with one use. Some parts are getting rather soft. I don't use all my bags all the time so the breaking in process is always slower for my bags.

8. Ebony is a stiff leather, although I think it's a durable leather. My Loveletter Satchel is Ebony and it takes a bit of using to break in. Good luck!!

9. Thanks for the positive feedback -- I am spoiled by my Balenciagas with their soft, broken in leather -- although the other 2 RM bags I have weren't as stiff when I got them. I am using the bag today and will probably stick with it until it gets softer. I really like the style of the mini Nikki and it will be a welcome addition to my collection. :biggrin:

10. ^^ RMs are hardier leathers than Bals, so at least you won't have to baby the bag as much!

11. I received my Nikki in Cardinal the other day and at first I thougt it was due to the cold weather but it is still really stiff, although I really love the color. Anybody else have it?

12. Yeah with my Bals I am always watching where I put them and making sure I don't scratch them. RM bags are great and I love all 3 of them -- the leather will break in eventually -- they do take a beating and come out looking great. My mini Nikki is hanging on the doorknob stuffed with books -- hope this works!

13. Stuff your bag and use the hell out of it :biggrin:

14. Will do -- using it now!! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice