Sticky Zipper on Kristin Putty pleated satchel

nanrao

O.G.
May 3, 2006
Anyone else have this issue? I just opened the bag to check it and the zipper is tight - almost to the point where I am afraid to zip it back up because I might just yank it off - I have to pull really hard. Should I just exchange it or are they all like this and I just learn to live with it? Any solutions to make it smooth?

Thanks.

Nandini

Open the zipper and rub wax paper along the zipper on both sides. That might make it smoother. If that doesn't work, I'd exchange. I don't know if other Kristin's are like that but if the zipper isn't functional, I'd take it back.

Mine was like that too, but after a few days' use it's just fine. I've had that problem with every Kristin bag I've bought, but they all are fine after a little use.

All the "heavy duty" zippers will need to be broken in. Like PP mentioned, wax paper is a great option to accelerate the process.

If it is so bad that you think you will break it or are hurting your hand, then it probably needs to be exchanged.

Thanks Ladies. I found another one with a smooth zipper, but changed my mind on the color of the bag - got it in the black patent. I was wavering, but saw someone else walk in with black patent/gold hardware and it was just oh so pretty....... and I made sure I checked the zipper in the store this time around.....

Nandini