Sticking with Mulberry after a disastrous run in with Proenza Schouler!

Yay we are Bag twins!!!! Which Bals have you got (colours, size, hardware) and size wise which is closest to the Bayswater? I find the Work looks so humongous!! I want a roomy bag but one that I can use for work as well as casually.

Also is the Bal leather amazing?? I need to sniff and stroke my bags. I neeeeeeeeed luscious leather! Last is Bal as hard wearing as Mulberry. Come on Julija please convince me. Hubby says I am only allowed 2 bags this year!!!Wahh as we are planning on moving next year!!!

Hi CPrincessUk:smile: well i don't want to enable but can tell you about my Bals. I have 4 cities, 2 with regular hw and 2 with giant hw. And they are definitely BAGS TO SNIFF AND STROKE:graucho: the smell is just intoxicating, i smell them A LOT, even DH likes the smell, at least he says so HAHA:biggrin:
Well Cities are smaller than Bayswater and tend to slouch a bit but still hold the shape very well. I heard the bigger bals slouch more and Im not into slouchy bags so for now only cities for me. They are roomy and hold a lot of stuff. If you carry your bays full, probably city will be too small for your needs. For sure Bals are not as hard wearing as Mulberry, you def have to baby them more, they are not that scratch prone. But THAT SMELL and LEATHER are worth it for me.
So all in all I love MUlberry and Bal evenly, they are so different but gorgeous ;)

CPPrincess I think you made an excellent decision. Your Eggplant Bays is way more gorgeous than the PS bag you returned IMHO.

Out of curiosity, is this Bays still made in England?

Hi CPrincessUk:smile: well i don't want to enable but can tell you about my Bals. I have 4 cities, 2 with regular hw and 2 with giant hw. And they are definitely BAGS TO SNIFF AND STROKE:graucho: the smell is just intoxicating, i smell them A LOT, even DH likes the smell, at least he says so HAHA:biggrin:
Well Cities are smaller than Bayswater and tend to slouch a bit but still hold the shape very well. I heard the bigger bals slouch more and Im not into slouchy bags so for now only cities for me. They are roomy and hold a lot of stuff. If you carry your bays full, probably city will be too small for your needs. For sure Bals are not as hard wearing as Mulberry, you def have to baby them more, they are not that scratch prone. But THAT SMELL and LEATHER are worth it for me.
So all in all I love MUlberry and Bal evenly, they are so different but gorgeous ;)

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I looked up your threads on the Bal forum and the bags are lovely. I will try to see them in person as I don't want to make another mistake. Enjoy your bags!

Must be nice to broaden your horizon on the bag front. The Bal's seem very nice. As for me I am sticking to Mulberry. Don't know exactly why. Maybe because my love is young and still blind. I find it hard enough to choose out of their variety and it will probably drive me crazy to have more options. Also for me it works quite well to be monogamous. Let's see how long that lasts, haha. I wish you good luck and lots of joy in finding new bags, and the bags you have so far are very very nice.

That Bayswater is such a stunning colour :heart:

I was really dissapointed with PS as well. I ordered a tan PS1 last year and sent it back. I particularly didn't like the way that when the bag was fastened it pulled on the leather too much. Poor quality for the price really.

Must be nice to broaden your horizon on the bag front. The Bal's seem very nice. As for me I am sticking to Mulberry. Don't know exactly why. Maybe because my love is young and still blind. I find it hard enough to choose out of their variety and it will probably drive me crazy to have more options. Also for me it works quite well to be monogamous. Let's see how long that lasts, haha. I wish you good luck and lots of joy in finding new bags, and the bags you have so far are very very nice.

Thank you. I may end up sticking with Mulberry too. Shall have to see whether Bal delivers.