Stick Shift or Automatic ?

I only drive a manual. I've only ever owned a manual. Same with my hubby, only a manual. There will be no automatics in our household.....unless the car we chose does not have a manual tranny as an option.

Vlad said:
Stick is all I will ever care for. Automatic takes so much fun from the whole driving experience, shifting the gears manually just gives me the feeling to be more in "control".

Would have said exactly that. It's so much more fun to drive, especially really, really fast.

I've always drove automatic cars. I had a bit of a learning curve when I started riding a motorcycle. Both hands and both feet are doing something. A lot to remember and coordinate in the beginning until you get used to it. I stalled the bike quite a few times.

Learned stick, drive stick. It generally costs more to get an automatic over here - I've only been in an automatic in the US. I'd love to drive an auto sometime, but I love that in a stick I can hold off the upshift til the last second before the revs redline and really make the engine roar. :biggrin:

I have always had an automatic, and my boyfriends/husband (s!), have only ever had stick, so if I wanted to drive their sportscars I've had to learn stick.
Remember ladies, if you can't find 'em, grind 'em!
Just kiddin' Vlad!

I've been driving a stick for a couple years now and I don't think I'd ever go back to an auto. A stick is just so much more fun! The only think that sucks about it is being stuck in traffic, but that doesn't happen to me too often.

My car is an automatic and my husband's car is a stick. I can drive both; I don't really have a preference. I will drive whichever car is in the driveway. The only thing is that my husband has an Evo and it has a lot of power, I can't drive it wearing heels.