Steve Madden totally ripped off CL, pic and all!

carrie07777

Oct 12, 2007

Attachments

• 0452579215840_275x275.jpg
    0452579215840_275x275.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 157
  • BECKS_BLACK-PATENT_small.jpg
    BECKS_BLACK-PATENT_small.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 176
I have seen sooo many shoes with red soles that are not made by Steve Madden. I think it will never change the fact the many designer borrow other desigers styles all the time.

yeah, sadly I've come to expect Steve Madden ripping other styles off, but it's the pic that kinda floored me today. i mean, that is the EXACT same pic. Minus the photoshopped red sole. Surely someone (Steve) is misrepresenting their product, unless they are made in the same warehouse!

Honestly, you cannot go into any store that sells shoes and not find that at least half and usually more are either highly designer-inspired or complete copies. I'd bet that the majority of customers aren't well-versed in the designer styles and aren't even aware that the shoes they are shopping are replicas. That's not to exonerate SM in this, but he is just one of MANY brands who copy designer shoes.

But the photos are troubling. The two photos are identical, except for the red sole. If a brand is stooping so low as to steal photos, that is pretty bad. Copying the shoes is one thing, and they all do it, but they should at least photograph their own products!

I feel torn about this, because on one hand I feel like it's crappy to completely copy someone's design and even their pictures. But on the other hand, I don't feel like Steve Madden is going to steal any business from Christian Louboutin. People who can afford $500 shoes are going to buy the CL version, but I'm willing to bet that most of the people that would buy the SM version have never even heard of Louboutins, and even if they did they wouldn't buy it. That's a HUGE price difference :shrugs:...