Stephen King books

1408 isn't a book...it's a short story in the collection called Everything's Eventual.

And I haven't had time to read it..but usually, in my experience, King doesn't let filmmakers change too much about his books. Although they did change the ending of Secret Window...

And they cut out a TON of things from the Dreamcatcher book.

I've read a lot of his books and, remarkably, I found "The Mist" his most frightening work. But it's a short story....and I forget what collection it was published in. Unfortunately, it's about to be released in movie format which is usually NOT a good thing for anything SK wrote.

His best work, by far, is "The Stand". Yeah, it's long but you CANNOT put it down. I swear I felt I knew the people in that story. It's a remarkable read.

I just started the Dark Tower series, so I can't comment just yet. My hubby has read the series multiple times though, and still can't get enough of it. Based on that alone, I would highly recommend it. ;)

I LOVE!!!! Stephen King!!! I have read everything he's written, at least twice.

Rain12, I found Pet Semetary and Bag of Bones to be raise-the-hair-on-the-back-of-my-neck scary.

The movie Pet Sematary is scary BUT a little campy and cheesy...HOWEVER I read thrillers all the time (I am a three books a week girl) and Pet Sematary was the SCARIEST book I EVER read!!!!!:shocked:

See? Nobody mentions Eyes of the Dragon. I swear I'm the only person who's ever read that book.

OH. The Green Mile is excellent too.

Eyes of the Dragon was an amazing King book. I love how it had dark tower bits in it and vice versa.

My all time favorite King book is The Stand. I have read it front to back about 5 times already. I also love Needful Things and something I dont think anyone has mentioned yet, Salems Lot.

I have read just about every one, and let me tell you, those books are like a friggen whole other connected universe!!! They are so intertwined with each other with the characters it is unbelieveable. I love it when I'm reading one book and a main character from another book will make a brief appearance in the current book. How King remembers all his characters is beyond me.

I read all of his short stories collection from Everything's Eventual. The 2 stories that stuck with me the most are 1408 and The Road virus Heads North.

Misery was good too, but it's a psychological horror story.

It and The Shining are the scariest of his that I have read. The Long Walk sounds really freaky, so I'll have to try that one soon.

Thinner is just...so non-scary.

The Long Walk isn't scary per se, but it's a very interesting story concept....creepy in that sense. I think it was written under Richard Bachman. I think you'll like it!

I love Stephen King too! He's a literary genius, IMO. It's amazing that he wrote "The Stand" 25 years ago and it's about a scary plague wiping out the human race (Bird flu, anyone?) I think that "IT" is the scariest one he's ever written, but my absolute favorite is "The Talisman" co-written with Peter Straub. It's more of a fantasy, though.