Step-daughter's Christmas gift - I need your help!

I have been collecting Louis Vuitton for quite some time now and recently I have come to the conclusion that I will not buy anymore Louis Vuitton canvas handbags because the money they want for them is not worth it because the bag is made of canvas! It is not even leather, only the trimmings are leather. I would suggest purchasing something that she is in need for.

1. Watch - this is a great idea unless she already has one she loves. An Omega constillation is way more than $1k Greentea.
2. Stud earrings - you really can't buy muh with $1k

I would purchase one of those mall gift cards with the Visa/Mastercard logo's on them - I know that the Simon card is good at any location, and since you guys are in Jersey she can go the the designer outlets there and get alot for the money! yo0u will always know that she got what she wanted!
It will be a great surprise, my daughters and step-daughters always look forward to those gift cards because they know they will go on their shopping spree's.
I would purchase a cute pair of pearl earrings and beautiful card to go along with the gift card. A classic,... pearl earrings with a diamond drop.

I like Baggaholic's idea but when it comes to my stepson we always ask him what he wants before we spend a dime-we also load him up on little things. CD's, Yankees tickets, Eternity for men, etc but the main gift we get a few ideas directky from him-the element of surprise is gone yes which is why we get him a bunch of smaller gifts as well. Gosh we really do have to start planning Christmas, dont we?

jenna said:
How about diamond stud earrings? They'll always be in style, classic and go with everything from suits to jeans to LBDs.

I vote for this. You simply cannot go wrong with diamond stud earrings, especially if she loves jewelry. They won't depreciate in price, and they are so practical- every 25 year old ought have a pair! I'm not sure how many carats $1000 gets you in the U.S., but you don't have to worry about getting huge studs.. she's still young! :flowers:

Nishi621 said:
I really have no opinion here-I am just shocked to hear everyone saying that $1000.00 would not buy much in the way of stud earrings.

me too. $1000 buys you a really nice pair in HK... but that's HK, where everything is tax-less (and you can yell and bargain) and jewelry stores are more prominent than starbucks.