Stella McCartney "Sequin Sweater Dress" - Worth it or Not?

kara_n

Feb 7, 2008
I adore this silver sequin sweater dress from Stella McCartney.
It's $1,195.

I am wondering if it is worth the price or not. I usually only spend that much when the item is really really unique.

I can't find anything similar. Have you seen anything similar? Please let me know if you have :smile:

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Attachments

• StellaDress4.jpg
    StellaDress4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 744
I'm afraid it won't make it to the sale or that it won't be left in my size. So I am looking for alternatives, or I might actually buy this one. I haven't decided yet.

Wow, that is extremely expensive. I do agree it's very beautiful and it's different from all the other sequined dresses in that it's got scattered sequins.. yet $1K seems a bit ridiculous to drop on a very casual dress that you probably wouldn't get a ton of wear out of. I mean, how many times could you wear it -- definitely not more than once or twice around the same people. I doubt that it'll sell out and I would wait for sale.

Not worth it. It's beautiful but it's not very versatile. You could get something similar for a much more reasonable price. Also, sequins are delicate anyways so I don't think this will store very well. If you absolutely must have this piece though, I'd wait for it to go on sale. I don't think it'll sell out.

It looks like something I could find at Guess/Express/Bebe so, no. I don't think it's worth $1000. It's not all that unique IMO....it's definitely gorgeous so if money isn't a problem go for it. but I personally would look for a cheaper alternative.