Stay on the Waitlist or Not? HELP!

To Comete or not to Comete

• Stay on the Waitlist - You WANT this

• Take yourself off right now, what were you thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.

queenmab

Reach for the sun
Sep 25, 2006
Currently I'm waitlisted for the Speedy Cube, and the Comete in silver. The Comete is the one I'm really torn about right now. The reviews coming in are universally pretty bad and people are taking themselves off the waitlist for this bag. However if I do take myself off my store won't even get this bag and I won't even get a chance to see it. I'm really on the fence about what to do. Right now I'm about 60% NO Comete because I have other silver bags, both LV and non LV.

HELP me TPFers - Do I stay waitlisted for this bag?
00760m.jpg

What about the reviews are bad? I can't see based on the pic alone why you wouldn't want to get one? If you have a lot of silver bags and don't think you'll use it you may want to let it go, but I don't see why you wouldn't stay on the waitlist just so you can actually see it and test it before you reject it. What specifically did people not like about it?

So far people have been saying that it's bulky, looks very cheap in person and that the leather doesn't look very good - this is from the fall trunk shows.

Unfortunately my store isn't big enough to have a trunk show. I have to rely on the lookbook & TPF.

Does anyone else feel a bit bad when they decline? I've only declined one bag that I've waitlisted for, and I told them up front that I wasn't sure about it.

Yes! Or, you won't even get to see it. You don't have to buy it. Send it back if you don't like it, don't even open the box...hehe, just kidding. No seriously, you're an LV aficianado, you need to take a look at it, at the very least....My opinion

^^ nope, don't feel bad, LV is making tons of money... it's just business as usual. no guilt. It's only money.

Stay on the waitlist for sure! I can't tell you how many I have waitlisted for only to turn down in the end. They don't mind. They just move on down the list. My SA always encourages me to sign up on waitlists even though she knows I have no intention of buying the item. It's a way for us to see it in person and be swayed one way or another.

I voted to remove yourself-I saw this bag in the Elle Sept. 2008 big fashion 600 page magazine and it makes more sense to me in the layout: All pastel cashmere coats & clothes: soft lilacs,pale yellows,barely there baby blues and greens-a fraction of easter egg colors -only very pale and then the bag soft and quiet as a butterfly. It is very sophisticated and looks beautiful in the magazine but I like a bag with more presence and more everyday durable to fit in with my basic wardrobe. The color would be beautiful on you and I have seen how well you carry LV so if you do go with it -I know it will look lush on you!:yes: but not one that you would probably get as much wear as other bags like the speedy cube:I am WL for that one too!

Does anyone else feel a bit bad when they decline? I've only declined one bag that I've waitlisted for, and I told them up front that I wasn't sure about it.

Definitely, it is a lot of pressure and I did not take the mancrazy I originally WL for and felt guilty everytime I saw the bag STILL in th store;Like I left them holding the bag(excuse the pun) so only WL if I am pretty sure I love it -The mancrazy I loved the shape but could not tolerate the oraney color for my complexion-just abhorred it so had to pass otherwise I try not too! Especially now, with so many bags sitting around if you see one IRL or decide you want it within the first few weeks it is released there seems to be no trouble getting one.:shrugs:

I have never declined a bag, but I wouldn't feel guilty doing it if I did. My guess is that if I don't want a bag for whatever reason that there are women after me on the waitlist who do, especially something brand new. Plus I would probably end up walking out of the botique with a new bag anyway.