Stay at home mom

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What is your day like? How old is your kid/kids?

2. Hi- Just saw this now! I'm a stay at home mom and have been since my son was born. He's now 3, and I'm expecting. Generally, he and I get up around 7 or 7:30 AM. On days he has preschool (from 9-noon), I get him ready and drop him off. On days he is home, we either run errands or go to playdates with my local Mom's Club in the morning. My parents sometimes visit in the morning, too! We eat lunch around noon, and he always takes his nap at 1 pm- whether or not he went to school. He naps until no later than 3, and then in the afternoon we either play together, take a walk, or he plays independently while I do housework. While I make dinner, he watches some TV. After dinner, my husband will be home and play with him for a bit. He goes to bed at 8 pm.
    Before this September he was home with me all day, everyday.
    He's pretty good at playing on his own, so it's nice because I have some time during my day to do things around the house or work a little (I freelance on a very part-time basis). I think the hardest time for me so far was when he was between 15 and 24 months old because he was mobile but couldn't entertain himself at all, so I never had a moment of peace. Overall, I love being a SAHM!

3. My preschool aged kids are up before me, but are good about letting me doze until about 7:45. I get up, make them breakfast, do the dishes, take out the dogs, put in a load of laundry, help with hairstyles/clothes, pack school lunches, and get them to preschool until pickup at noon. Until then, I'm at the gym for about 1.5 hours (workout and shower) almost daily, volunteering 1-3 hours weekly, organizing/purging the house, or studying/leisure reading. I pick up the kids, take them to the park for some fresh air, get home to empty backpacks, put my little one down for afternoon nap, and then do "mommy school" with my others - they like doing arts and crafts, workbooks, boardgames, and other things. I make dinner while they free play, then feed them dinner/do the dishes/tidy up until it's time to pick up my husband coming home from work - or I'll do baths. I spend the evenings watching TV with my husband or catching up on the internet/leisure reading/studying.