Status Purses vs Regular Purses

The bags in Topshop are kinda cute. I like the colors too. but the leather is thin and hard, like a starched paper.:sad:

The fall of the bag is kinda stiff too...

I use Balenciaga as my reference bag

Not really. I cleaned out my collection only keeping the Balenciagas, Fendi baguettes, a MJ and LV Speedy. I gave my daughter my Botkiers, Tylie Malibu, Kooba and a custom Jutta Neumann bag.

i guess the only bags i WOULD REALLY USE are my designer bags and VINTAGE bags. vintages doesn't have to be designers, mostly are 5-15$ bags.
but i don't buy middle price bags anymore :P
it's either expensive or really really cheap

I'm similar. I don't really carry midrange bags, only designer and very inexpensive, quirky bags.

You don't sound snooty at all - I feel exactly the same way. Everytime I try to use a different bag I feel like I'm just not myself and I miss my "good bags." I've given up trying to use lesser bags (and no, I'm not a snob) - It's just one little luxury that I truly enjoy. LOL

I thought I was the only one with this problem, but I am glad to see I am not alone...I agree with seahorse - it's either really nice or really cheap...I have found some great, random, no-name bags (esp. while travelling) but I cannot seem to buy medium-priced bags anymore!! I was feeling like such a jerk, but I think it is really hard to go back to poor-quality bags once you've had a taste of the good stuff...leather, especially.

To be honest.. sometimes i see a bag that i really LOVE made of crochet and i buy it cause i like the way it looks even though it cost around $20!!!

Although i carry crocodile birkins/chanel or limited edition LVs.. sometimes when i go for a walk in a training suit.. i love to wear bags that are just CASUAL and non-designer!!

First of all, I love your name - it reminds me of The Mistral's Daughter. And yeah, I've only been carrying designer purses for a couple years, but I feel weird carrying reg. ones now. Perhaps that will change one day when I too become jaded, but for now I really favor my designer ones. It's funny b/c I see bags that I really like that are under $100, but I figure I would never use them. I do still carry older ones that I had from before and I still love 'em, but they never stay out for more than a day!

i go with the expensive and really cheap things because i get sooo fed up with buying 100$ bags that looks cute, but then it collapsed in such a short time, the quality just doesn't do well enough for me.

so i'd rather go for the really cheap one (and a vintage is a must to me on this particualr thing) because i won't buy really cheap bags like 10-20$ too.
i believe "cheap" vintage bags has more quality than the new cheap bags.

Sure, I can carry a regular, no-name purse. But like what others said before me, it has to be super cheap; I can't go back to carrying something in the "middle" after getting LV! And it has to be in good quality.

But, just because I have LV doesn't mean I won't look at other designers...I like Coach and Dooney...I don't know where they're considered...

I normally spend a lot on shoes, gucci, CL, Manolo etc. I extended that same addiction to purses. Now I have this problem where I only consider buying if it's a high end bag. I consider Botkier high end too;because not too many women in my circle carry bags that cost over $150. I don't consider dropping $600-700.00 on a single bag mid range. I really do feel guilty sometimes, considering my occupation does not allow me to use my babies as frequently as I would like to. I used to really like Coach; but I can't stand it when I see so many others carrying them. I want to be different. Maybe I've become a bit of a bag snob. Oh well....