Starting to think I've been scammed

soleilbrun

O.G.
May 17, 2010
Hi everyone,
Here goes the same ol' story. I bought an item on ebay, paid on Nov. 12th and have yet to receive the shoes. We have been in constant contact since the 15th when she stated she shipped the shoes. Normally they should have arrived the 18th. From our communication we know she shipped to my old address that she found on ebay. Although, my address on paypal is current. I know that is my fault for not having that current but have since rectified that. I passed by my old address: no package and no notice of attempted delivery. Passed by the post office to see if the package is there even though no notice left, no chance, they need a tracking number. I have asked the seller to contact the delivery company on her end and to send me the tracking number so I can look on my end. Now, she is not responding. Originally she told me paypal has frozen the money to her since she is a new seller. She said I must leave feedback for her before she can access the money. Hope this is true and she actually sent the shoes and is actually looking for them with me. When do I need to contact ebay and/or paypal to recup my money. Really sad cuz I love the shoes. Prefer to have my shoes!

FYI: Purchased on ebay via paypal with a creditcard.

Contact eBay/ Paypal NOW! Just file a claim. Saying you must leave feedback for her to get access to the money is BS! Besided, she should have mailed it to your PP address anyway, otherwise she has zero protection as a seller!

PP does do that to new sellers. Funds are released upon delivery (tracking shows that it has been signed for) or upon receiving positive feedback.

Probably. Her funds are frozen until you leave feedback.

Sellers can ship using either ebay or paypal. It is up to you to make sure the information is correct in both.

I would tell her that if the item gets back to her, you would be willing to re-pay for shipping since it was your fault your shipping address in ebay was not up to date.

Just a heads up, I'm in the UK and received a package from Germany this week. It took 8 days - far longer than normal. I wonder if there are delays in the postal system.

That seems weird, that you have to leave feedback before receiving the item so the funds can be unfrozen? What on earth? :confused1:

Hi everyone,
Here goes the same ol' story. I bought an item on ebay, paid on Nov. 12th and have yet to receive the shoes. We have been in constant contact since the 15th when she stated she shipped the shoes. Normally they should have arrived the 18th. From our communication we know she shipped to my old address that she found on ebay. Although, my address on paypal is current. I know that is my fault for not having that current but have since rectified that. I passed by my old address: no package and no notice of attempted delivery. Passed by the post office to see if the package is there even though no notice left, no chance, they need a tracking number. I have asked the seller to contact the delivery company on her end and to send me the tracking number so I can look on my end. Now, she is not responding. Originally she told me paypal has frozen the money to her since she is a new seller. She said I must leave feedback for her before she can access the money. Hope this is true and she actually sent the shoes and is actually looking for them with me. When do I need to contact ebay and/or paypal to recup my money. Really sad cuz I love the shoes. Prefer to have my shoes!

FYI: Purchased on ebay via paypal with a creditcard.

The seller should contact you so you can sort this out together. She should have shipped to the address on the Paypal page. But if it was different that the address you have on file for ebay and she sent it to the wrong (ebay) address, I don't think she will be protected by seller protection. But, because you didn't update the address, you should assume some of the responsibility for resolving this problem.

Do you know the people at your old address? Perhaps you could check with them. It is in both of your better interests to work together to try and track down the shoes.

I would not leave feedback until you have the shoes - which, I guess is obvious, but I don't why she would have told you that, honestly. It is true that PP will hold funds until feedback or tracking is provided in some cases. I would start an "item not received" claim so that she has to provide tracking or, if she does not, you will get your money back. Her not providing tracking and telling you about feedback seems a little fishy to me.

I actually noticed lately on ebay that when I pay that the address seems to be selected on the ebay invoice page before I sign into paypal, in the past I selected the address after I signed into paypal, so this could explain what went wrong?

I think that you should try to get sellers contact info give the seller a call and try to get her to redirect the package or get it held some where for pickup (if your old address is close enough?)
It's a bad situation for everyone as what if a person at your old address keeps the package and then you file a claim, the seller will then be out the item and the money, which doesn't seem fair some how.

^^ I am only concerned because the seller will not provide tracking. I agree it would not be fair if there was an error on the OP's part, but, the seller could alleviate a lot of this with better communication.

Do NOT leave feedback until you receive the package! I would file item not received right away. Call PP or Ebay after you file- google the number - it's easier if you speak to someone as opposed to going in circles online.

i think you should file her. its her responsibility to send you the tracking number once the package is shipped! && most people only ship to PayPal confirmed address, why would she send to the address you put on ebay?
Feedbacks should only be given after receiving the package.