Starting my Chanel savings fund!

Kelly, that is awesome that you are saving up for Chanel. It will be that much more special when you get your first bag. Until then, this is a great place to research which bag you will buy on your big day. When you are ready to shop, I would love to meet you at Nordstrom and introduce you to all the great SA's there!
PS Don't worry about your husband, they never understand at first. Mine didn't either and now he is buying me Chanel! (maybe your's will be buying you one for your 50th!)

Good luck with it Kelly4!!! i think the "ticker" idea someone suggested earlier is great, it reminds you about what you need to do and its pretty neat when u see the ticker approaching the "end point" i.e. your chanel! Can't wait to see your bag when you get it =)

As I'm sure you can tell from all the posts, you're not the only one saving up for a Chanel. I've literally sold all of my other purses to save up for another Chanel. I thought, what the heck, i dont use them anyways. My first was a black petite shopper. Now I'm looking for something in brown of white. Maybe I'll have enough saved up to get something in the next month or two. Good luck!!

Good luck everyone!

I did all the calculations and I've got $741 CAD left to save up before I can purchase a chanel worth around $1800 USD in canadian funds including TAX!! (which is like $300+)

Kelly ~~ I think it is a great idea to save up for it instead of just forking over the credit card! It's a big purchase and between now & June you have plenty of time to decide which Chanel is the perfect one for you!

I have already run into one of those people...my husband!! I have talked to him off and on about wanting a Chanel handbag and when I told him this morning that I definitely plan to save up and get one for my 49th birthday in June he told me I "should just buy a knock-off one, that $1500 or more is crazy to spend on a purse!":nuts: Of course, this is from a man with a huge hunting and fishing hobby with a jet sled boat for fishing with all the toys he wants!! He just doesn't get it, but that's okay. I told him it's something I've wanted for a long time, it's a luxury item, I'll have it for my lifetime and I work hard at my job and I feel the time in life has come when I want to get one. I could just go out and put one on a credit card right now, but I really want to save up for it, I think it will mean more to me. Anyway, thanks for listening, I am not going to let him rain on my parade about it!!:crybaby: I am excited about saving up and really motivated. Thank you everyone for all of your support and I know I have a great place to come for understanding and support about this!!
Blessings to you all!
Kelly

U go for it. Yup, u worked hard for it..hence, u deserve it.
I always tell myself that too..I need to pamper myself..:yahoo:
I got myself a Patent Ferragamo white bag plus a gucci bag (2 bags in 1 week):smile:

Good luck! I am only 21 and in this year by saving and not going out as much I have managed to stick to my Chanel savings and I have already managed to buy 3 Chanel bags. You just need to be really motivated and whenever you feel like dipping into your fund, take a peak at everyone's beautiful bags and be inspired to keep saving hard. x