Starting from scratch.Would love opinions :)

tanj

I ⥠$Green$!
O.G.
Feb 12, 2007
I sold off all my bal bags this past summer and now I'm starting over.My best friend wants to take the bal plunge and insists on buying me the bag of my choice.We don't know if we should both go new because we're all over the place from new to old.We both want giant hardware.Shes loving the black or cafe in giant gold but i'm the problem(i'm a vet at this and can't make up my mind).I love the Papyrus but i'm afraid its too light.I have no reds,no pinks or blues anymore.I sold off my prize possession (my ocean part time).I LOVE rggh all of a sudden.I'm lost though and I usually know what I want.what is wrong with me?lol.What do you guys do when your all over the place like this?lol.I need inspiration and suggestions :smile:

you sound like me! minus the goldhearted friend who wants to BUY me a bag, haha.

after selling off all my bags, except my 05 black work bag, i thought about what would be my all time favorite but usable bag. i didn't want a bag that would just sit in my closet all pretty. i wanted a beautiful workhorse bag. OH, and it HAD to be chevre. no exceptions.

i went with an 07 black GSH day bag. and i LOVE it. use it every day.

maybe you should consider what bags you sold and wished you never did. or what bags you used all the time. or if you were on a deserted island but allowed a purse - what would it be.

good luck finding the perfect-for-you bag! :smile:

Lol see you and I are just alike.Aww she has a heart of gold.We've watched each other kids grow up and we've been a great support system to one another.I started this.I'm the Pandora queen and spoiled her with her first bracelet so I started all this,lol.

I start thinking and feel like i got it but then i go blank.like i'll say i'm gonna just get a beautiful black ggh city or part time (hey you can't go wrong with black)but then i'm like no i can always get a black bag.my rouge work was my workhorse.

i need a workhorse like you and something if i want to carry summer as well i can.i know i don't want a yellow,green or white bag..I think i need to just look at modeling shots and see what i gravitate towards.thanks for your advice and that color combo is fab that you use on the regular :smile:

you sound like me! minus the goldhearted friend who wants to BUY me a bag, haha.

after selling off all my bags, except my 05 black work bag, i thought about what would be my all time favorite but usable bag. i didn't want a bag that would just sit in my closet all pretty. i wanted a beautiful workhorse bag. OH, and it HAD to be chevre. no exceptions.

i went with an 07 black GSH day bag. and i LOVE it. use it every day.

maybe you should consider what bags you sold and wished you never did. or what bags you used all the time. or if you were on a deserted island but allowed a purse - what would it be.

good luck finding the perfect-for-you bag! :smile:

I sold all my bal bags just recently too, including a 07 black gsh pt in chèvre, completely oblivious to the value of this leather before. That was my workhorse.
Now I've started from scratch and I got a papyrus rggh and anthracite gsh city. I think the colors are updated yet versatile. I will keep one black bag for now, my Celine mini. When I save up again, I will go for a coquelicot or blue lavande.
I hope you find your colors, just want to say I know how you feel. You're lucky to have such a good friend! Good luck!!!

I sold all my bal bags just recently too, including a 07 black gsh pt in chèvre, completely oblivious to the value of this leather before. That was my workhorse.
Now I've started from scratch and I got a papyrus rggh and anthracite gsh city. I think the colors are updated yet versatile. I will keep one black bag for now, my Celine mini. When I save up again, I will go for a coquelicot or blue lavande.
I hope you find your colors, just want to say I know how you feel. You're lucky to have such a good friend! Good luck!!!

see i'm glad you told me this because i told her this about the chevre and how i think thats why the prices are up there vs agneau.i told her this but that was just a guess,lol.aww thanks and i'll post what i decide on.if i can't figure out which color suits me as far as new i'm just gonna find two used workhorse and go with it,lol.same to you goodluck :smile: btw i love the coqelicot but don't know if i would be able to pull it off.can't wait to see what you choose.

You're a Mom, right? Do you need a Mommy sized bag to hold everything or are you leaning toward a regular handbag like the City or PT?

The reason I ask is because I had this huge collection of giant Cities and PT's only to realize that I only leave the house with an actual purse about once per week. My job is in fitness and I needed a big bag to haul around my teaching supplies and sneakers. I bought a Weekender and never looked back. I started selling off the Cities and PTs I liked least to fund more WE's so I could have one for each gym I work at. They are used every day, a solid investment!

roey said:
You're a Mom, right? Do you need a Mommy sized bag to hold everything or are you leaning toward a regular handbag like the City or PT?

The reason I ask is because I had this huge collection of giant Cities and PT's only to realize that I only leave the house with an actual purse about once per week. My job is in fitness and I needed a big bag to haul around my teaching supplies and sneakers. I bought a Weekender and never looked back. I started selling off the Cities and PTs I liked least to fund more WE's so I could have one for each gym I work at. They are used every day, a solid investment!

Yep I'm a mom and lug around alot of my 3yrs stuff.plus I want to take my iPad everywhere I go.hmmm you make a good point.i carry a ton of stuff.I love your collection btw and need to see what you've changed around missy :smile:.

I've been a bal gal since 05 and twice have sold and re bought my collection.

I have an 05 s/s twiggy that has the most amazing leather ever.
an 04 black city with rh.
an 05chocolate city with amazing leather.
and I just bought an 05 Bordeaux. not completely in love with the leather on this one, but the color is tdf!

I have an 04 marron twiggy that has leather like you wouldn't believe but just never carry it so it may need new home. also a black 04 mu clutch with pewter hardware but I just bought a Bordeaux mu maybe the black needs to go too:sad:

for me, usually leather is more important than hardware, and dark colors cause I just can't keep them clean. that's why I tend to go for 05 or older bags.

Yep I'm a mom and lug around alot of my 3yrs stuff.plus I want to take my iPad everywhere I go.hmmm you make a good point.i carry a ton of stuff.I love your collection btw and need to see what you've changed around missy :smile:.

Aw, thanks!:smile: I wish I had the willpower to continue to downsize my Cities but love the colors too much to part with them.

I think you need a WE! The giant hw WE's have slightly longer handles but are also slightly heavier than the classic RH. I used to be a diehard giant hw lover but really love the look of the classic now. Pics of my WE's are all around the forum versus one particular location... need to post a group shot soon! I kept 5 SGH Cities and 1 SGH PT.

BTW, I didn't think I could pull off the Coquelicot either but decided to give it a try. So glad I did! My Coq RH Weekender receives more compliments than any bbag I own.

Aw, thanks!:smile: I wish I had the willpower to continue to downsize my Cities but love the colors too much to part with them.

I think you need a WE! The giant hw WE's have slightly longer handles but are also slightly heavier than the classic RH. I used to be a diehard giant hw lover but really love the look of the classic now. Pics of my WE's are all around the forum versus one particular location... need to post a group shot soon! I kept 5 SGH Cities and 1 SGH PT.

BTW, I didn't think I could pull off the Coquelicot either but decided to give it a try. So glad I did! My Coq RH Weekender receives more compliments than any bbag I own.
I am anxiously waiting your group shot, especially your anthra's. ;)