Starting a Vintage LV Collection...

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
I've been lucky to have sort of fulfilled my current LV desires at the moment (should actually be on a ban but thats a different issue :P) but I've still got the bug........... have always had an interest in the older/vintage/discontinued styles so think I will start slowly slowly getting a few pieces.....I'm totally new to the pre-loved market so just seeking some advice from any tpf experts? Am terrified of fakes, well the part where I am just wasting my money LOL, so which is the best way to go about it? Will have to rely on the internet to buy. Any particular styles (e.g. Epi or Mono) which are a good start?

Thanks all!

I would jump on ebay and see what I liked. I have a bunch of discontinued pieces in my collection that I love. Be sure to post your ebay link in the Authentication subforum and you don't have to worry about buying a fake--they will guide you.

My discontinued pieces include Epi Plage, Mini Ellipse, Epi Lussac, the Cherry Blossom Pap and Pouchette, Theda GM, Onatah GM. I guess some were just Limited Editions, but either way they are discontinued.

After you see what you like after browsing ebay, I think you may find your best deals on Epi pieces.

Thanks for your replies and advice Designing Style.....I already do a bit of browsing on ebay but I'm not that familiar with the names of older styles so that gives me a bit of a guide. I really like Epi for the colors, some are so beautiful and wow so I think I may start there!

I also bought a couple of discontinued pieces from Ebay. I bought the epi blue Cluny...fabulous shoulder bag. There are several on ebay now. I also bought the blue mini lin monogram Josephine GM. She holds so much stuff and has a big opening and is very easy to get things in and out.

There are some good finds on Ebay for those older discontinued bags, but always make sure to post here to make sure its authentic. Good luck!!

unfortunately ebay more than often has more fake vuitton bags than the genuine articles. i would say go with established second hand sellers like fashionphile.com, malleries.com or luxury-shops.com. they have a wide range of vintage vuitton goods which i really should stay away from as it is bad for the bank account!

or visit second hand shops. there are 2 well known shops in marche serpette in paris which sells lots of vintage vuitton and hermes. i bought a vintage bag in green taiga leather from them, i am pretty sure it is genuine from the worksmanship, and also the store is reputable. but i still brought it to the champs elysee store for them to inspect and they confirmed it is the genuine piece. more here:xxxxxxxxxx
you may not advertise your blog here.

long story short, i love vintage stuff, hope you do too. happy shopping!!
:jammin::tunes::rolleyes::yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone purchased anything from Malleries.com? If you have can you share your experience? Were you satisfied with your purchase and was the bag pretty close to what the listing showed?

Carrie