Starter/First LV bag?

kgus22

Dec 26, 2012
Hello all! I'm looking to purchase my first LV bag. I am a law student so spare money is hard to come by, but I am saving up and I was wondering if you all had any opinions on a good starter bag in the lower price range for LV bags. I'm not looking for a wallet or anything, but a small sized purse/bag is alright. Thanks for the input!

Speedy B in either mono or damier ebene. Comes in different sizes and you can carry it as handheld, shoulder, or cross body bag with the strap and its extender.

I would suggest you to go to the store and see and try different items before buying.I bought speedy as it is the most iconic bag but i sold it within 1 year as it was not practical for me.

I think a neverful would suit - its relatively inexpensive (compared to other LV bags!), and its a good general shopping tote. You could use it at law school - but be aware that heavy books may make the straps dig into your shoulder. If you could save a bit more, the Totally has a zippered close and wider more comfortable straps...

The speedy is another alternative, but it is hand-held - so if you prefer shoulder bags, either the neverful or totally is a better alternative.

Speedy, It wasn't my first bag, but I think I would have been more satisfied if it had been. I bought a Neverfull GM, because I was going on vacation... great travel bag and school bag, but not one I reach for if i'm not going to class or the airport! I reach for my speedy everyday!!! I love it, the size is up to you... get one that fits your needs, and there isn't much of a price difference from the 25 to the 40. Good Luck!

- Totally MM (practical, has a zipper, pockets on the outside and comfy to wear on the shoulder)
- Neverfull MM (big and pretty, fits alot)
- Speedy b 35 (pretty, classical, practical)

I agree that speedy and neverfull are both great choices!

Just a note - yes the speedy prices aren't hugely different between a 25 to 35, but its best to try it and see what looks best on you. I'm quite a tiny frame so even the sales assistant told me the 35 looked a little too big on me, so I didn't pay the 15 euro extra for the larger size (even though its such a small price increase!).

The hand held nature of the speedy does annoy me though, so I hardly use mine but you may love it!