Stars/Public Figures and Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1645714&stc=1&d=1332066740

Chanel I believe her bag is Vert Laurier in Veau Evergrain. My mother has got the same bag. Lovely color but not so-good leather... I can't understand to this day why they didn't make it in Togo, CT or even Chevre...

Thank you, dear :hugs:! That's too bad they only made it in Evergrain as I really like this color.
I have a Kelly in Evergrain myself and I think it's a beautiful leather (love the sheen on it) but I don't see myself buying a second Evergrain bag again. I had a really bad experience with it when I sent my Kelly to the spa and that kind of ruined it for me.
But I love, love, love this shade of green :heart:. Hopefully, H. will make it in Togo or Chevre in the future, that would be great.

^^ Somewhere along the line someone has told Holly she has "great legs" and now she wears everything just a little too short.

I agree, and this is something you see all the time. Young as well as older women who have been told this. They hang on for dear life when they should have let go eons ago.

Holly has a very pretty face:smile:
Now she is going to cut her hair. :P

jessica's bag is gorgeous. love the man in the white pants too. his scarf works so well with the suit

holly valance... she is a gorgeous gorgeous woman who should wear longer skirts. skirt a little longer hitting the slenderest part of her legs would have been perfect

Thank you, dear :hugs:! That's too bad they only made it in Evergrain as I really like this color.
I have a Kelly in Evergrain myself and I think it's a beautiful leather (love the sheen on it) but I don't see myself buying a second Evergrain bag again. I had a really bad experience with it when I sent my Kelly to the spa and that kind of ruined it for me.
But I love, love, love this shade of green :heart:. Hopefully, H. will make it in Togo or Chevre in the future, that would be great.

what happened to the ever grain kellly? am curious since i've two trims in this leather. i've totally no problems with them though.

This is indeed a Vert Laurier Evergrain Birkin GHW.:heart: Thank you, bobobob!

attachment.php

Sorry to hear that your experience w/ evergrain wasn't positive.
Supposedly a hearty and soft leather, since the men's wallets are made from this, and wallets are really put to the test, used quite often daily..

Friend has a 35 & 40B, and the patina is gorgeous, like the patina on the wallets!
She doesn't stuff her bags tho, so there is no 'pull'

Please share your experience, I would love to know!!

fashionistaOAs I have said, my mother has got the same bag- Vert Laurier w Gold... I find Veau Evergrain lovely to touch and to look at but she has used her bag a few times (and she is very careful about her things) and the corners already do show some wear...

Personally, this leather reminds me of Gulliver (the predecessor of Swift) which is also lovely to touch and so buttery soft a a lovely sheen- but the durability is not so good here..

I also understand the problem w "spa-went-wrong-here" as when the color on these comes off (mainly on the corners or w deep scratches) as the leather is thinner than Togo or CT, the color saturation might be a bit more shallow- meaning the touching up of color at the spa won't turn out to be as good as w Togo or Box for example.

My opinion here- Veau Evergrain is lovely, but on the thinner side here...

Please our experts correct me if I am wrong. Baba? LOL.... :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.