Stars/Public Figures and Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte, please don't light that ciggie, you are too gorgeous to smoke. I made the mistake of taking it up when I was young but thank goodness I gave up many years ago. It just doesn't look cool.

ITA Suzie - aside from the undisputed damage to her health, she will destroy her face too. Her mother has. Put that cigarette down Charlotte.:nono:

I personally like Grimaldis, but too many scandals and tragic deaths in that family... Just when one thinks of Stéphanie's taste in men :sweatdrop::shocked:

I think Charlotte did not have an easy childhood at all, plus the last scandal of her step-father prince August of Hannover... What a drunk and womanizer! :graucho: Have you seen his new "mistress" BTW???

I myself gave up smoking but I don't blame her.... I think when she settles down and has her own family, she will quit.

Looking at her, even w that "ciggie", is much bearable (to me anyways), than looking at some other "celebrities" in this thread sometimes..:cool:

]I agree, I was actually very surprised when I went to Europe 3 years ago and so many women smoke.
[/B]

Yes, here in Europe a lot of people still smoke, especially young people.....As my DH rightly says (having been a smoker himself and quit over 20 years ago) "it's grazy that people still smoke in the 21st century". When we were young (many moons ago, alas) there wasn't this detailed knowledge of how much harm smoke actually does, but now, after years of anti smoking campaigns, I'm shocked myself at how many young people smoke......

Wow. :shocked:
I thought most people TPF were about empowering women to feel good about themselves. Is everybody above 90 lbs considered a fat cow?

I see comments like these in other threads too... Unfortunately, it's not just a TPF thing, it's a much bigger problem that represents the way "western" culture views women with a bit more weight than top models! If you're on the curvy side, you will be judged, unfortunately. Now, if you're overweight, then a lot more harsh judgement will be comeing towards you... The sad thing is that people who judge are usually women. We can be very harsh, I guess...:shucks:

I personally like Grimaldis, but too many scandals and tragic deaths in that family... Just when one thinks of Stéphanie's taste in men :sweatdrop::shocked:

I think Charlotte did not have an easy childhood at all, plus the last scandal of her step-father prince August of Hannover... What a drunk and womanizer! :graucho: Have you seen his new "mistress" BTW???

I myself gave up smoking but I don't blame her.... I think when she settles down and has her own family, she will quit.

Looking at her, even w that "ciggie", is much bearable (to me anyways), than looking at some other "celebrities" in this thread sometimes..:cool:

varvara ~ I have to agree with you, again. Charlotte's childhood was far from idyllic with her father dying and her step-father prince August of Hannover a complete public mess and a family humiliation. If all she is doing is smoking and dating Gad, I have got to give her credit. Not that I am condoning smoking, I'm just a little more lenient with it as compared to hard drugs and police violations.

Ms Tilda Swinton, one of my favourites.

These are old images, a couple are not posted (eg. w/Massai, in pretty unique combi). I'd love to see her having a Hermes bag and I can think of her using a Boxcalf Kelly or even a Barenia HAC to fit her style!:tup:

One of the few actresses who dressed for fashion with style, even during non-paparazzi time, she even looks androgynous and great at her recent trip with fellow movie activists for Film On The Rocks 2012, Yao Noi. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/asians-and-hermes-590067-347.html

Bear in mind, during this trip, you'd be out in the jungles at rural area, no stylist, no makeup and hair stylist, mixing with the local villagers:heart:.

Attachments

• 061810-tilda-lead2-300.jpg
    061810-tilda-lead2-300.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,343
  • 12_swinton_3_lg.jpg
    12_swinton_3_lg.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,347
  • Tilda-Swinton-Hermes-Bag.jpg
    Tilda-Swinton-Hermes-Bag.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,335
  • Dry Cleaning Tilda.jpg
    Dry Cleaning Tilda.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 1,343
  • tilda.jpg
    tilda.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 1,424
  • IMG_4842.jpg
    IMG_4842.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 1,336
  • IMG_8354.jpg
    IMG_8354.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 1,342
Ms Tilda Swinton, one of my favourites.

These are old images, a couple are not posted (eg. w/Massai, in pretty unique combi). I'd love to see her having a Hermes bag and I can think of her using a Boxcalf Kelly or even a Barenia HAC to fit her style!:tup:

One of the few actresses who dressed for fashion with style, even during non-paparazzi time, she even looks androgynous and great at her recent trip with fellow movie activists for Film On The Rocks 2012, Yao Noi. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/asians-and-hermes-590067-347.html

Bear in mind, during this trip, you'd be out in the jungles at rural area, no stylist, no makeup and hair stylist, mixing with the local villagers:heart:.

I love the kelly with the Vivier shoes. Now THAT is French!!!

:sunnies

I see comments like these in other threads too... Unfortunately, it's not just a TPF thing, it's a much bigger problem that represents the way "western" culture views women with a bit more weight than top models! If you're on the curvy side, you will be judged, unfortunately. Now, if you're overweight, then a lot more harsh judgement will be comeing towards you... The sad thing is that people who judge are usually women. We can be very harsh, I guess...:shucks:

Truth.com

And with the ubiquity of western culture, this type of though is spreading to other cultures around the world. It makes me sad.

Speaking from my own experience,
Quitting smoking is the best thing I ever did for my health,
but unloading 18 lbs was the best thing I did for my power ... and I am sure my health is benefiting from this weight loss as well...
Call it western culture... I call it self control... ;)

Love Tilda!!:ty:IFFAH for the great pics! Would love to have her Massai!! I would love to see what else she wears when she is in the jungles!!:biggrin:

Congrats Perlerare on your weight loss and quitting smoking!!:flowers:

Congrats on quitting too Vavara!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.