Stardust question....

bagee

Jan 20, 2012
Do any of y'all have a glam or hippy that came out in stardust? I saw a few on ebay and it reminded me of how pretty i thought they were when i saw them in the store. At the time my SA talked me out of buying one because she said they were too hard to take care of. Can anyone who has one let me know how the wear on it has been? Are they still in nice shape? Any issues? Thank you!

Do any of y'all have a glam or hippy that came out in stardust? I saw a few on ebay and it reminded me of how pretty i thought they were when i saw them in the store. At the time my SA talked me out of buying one because she said they were too hard to take care of. Can anyone who has one let me know how the wear on it has been? Are they still in nice shape? Any issues? Thank you!
Hi Bagee. I purchased a glam in stardust last August and whore it for a month before I put her away for the season.

At one point a got a little bit of red lipstick on her but managed to remove it with a little hot water and mild soap, there was a small mark left but you wouldn’t notice unless I pointed it out. The leather itself holds up very well and she looked so soft and lovely that I didn’t want to put her away; ever. Having said that I do think the finish is very delicate for everyday which is too bad because she is just too gorgeous and she is one of my favorite bags. Would I purchase her again....you bet!

I’m hoping to get another one in a different colour for this summer season as a backup.

Hi Bagee. I purchased a glam in stardust last August and whore it for a month before I put her away for the season.

At one point a got a little bit of red lipstick on her but managed to remove it with a little hot water and mild soap, there was a small mark left but you wouldn’t notice unless I pointed it out. The leather itself holds up very well and she looked so soft and lovely that I didn’t want to put her away; ever. Having said that I do think the finish is very delicate for everyday which is too bad because she is just too gorgeous and she is one of my favorite bags. Would I purchase her again....you bet!

I’m hoping to get another one in a different colour for this summer season as a backup.

Thanks for responding! I love the color and i remember the feel of it was kind of velvety! I see a hippie on ebay and thinking about it as a crossbody bag
I take care of my bags and switch them out often!

I found the stardust glam tote at the outlet....and since I love my anthracite glam so much I was all set to get the stardust too. Then I saw the large black stain on it, the SA said it was color transfer and likely wouldn't come out....she did offer me an addtl 20% of but I declined as I would have felt like I couldn't ever use it without fear of ruining it more. I will say tho that I don't really baby my bags....my life is too hectic with kids to worry about a bag that can't go through real life without getting ruined. If you are more careful than me then I think it would be ok.

I have the poppy push lock wristlet in stardust and I still haven't taken the tags off. It got dirty right off the bat and I wasn't able to remove all of it. I feel it's too delicate and I wouldn't get a large bag fearing it wouldn't look pristine long. Keep in mind, I am very finicky when it comes to my handbags....I like to buy them perfect and keep them looking that way as long as possible. :smile:

I found the stardust glam tote at the outlet....and since I love my anthracite glam so much I was all set to get the stardust too. Then I saw the large black stain on it, the SA said it was color transfer and likely wouldn't come out....she did offer me an addtl 20% of but I declined as I would have felt like I couldn't ever use it without fear of ruining it more. I will say tho that I don't really baby my bags....my life is too hectic with kids to worry about a bag that can't go through real life without getting ruined. If you are more careful than me then I think it would be ok.

Yes, I saw some on ebay that were "new" but had stains...and the description said it was because it was a floor model! That's pretty delicate if people just carrying it around caused that! Thanks for responding!

I have the poppy push lock wristlet in stardust and I still haven't taken the tags off. It got dirty right off the bat and I wasn't able to remove all of it. I feel it's too delicate and I wouldn't get a large bag fearing it wouldn't look pristine long. Keep in mind, I am very finicky when it comes to my handbags....I like to buy them perfect and keep them looking that way as long as possible. :smile:

So so I. I baby my bags...they even sit on a dustbag in my car and at work. Argggh! I just love the color and the feel of this bag! Thanks for your input!

Yes, I saw some on ebay that were "new" but had stains...and the description said it was because it was a floor model! That's pretty delicate if people just carrying it around caused that! Thanks for responding!

I love this leather and the white is my favorite. but it is delicate. The display bag (glam tote) at the FP store had some spots on it, and I found one at the outlet that looked new, but also had a couple of spots. I finally bought one from the FOS that was perfect.

I bought a wallet from this leather for my daughter and it was so beautiful. But unfortunately while she was shopping the ink from a cash register receipt rubbed against the leather and wouldn't come off.

It's beautiful, but hard to maintain, so it's not really for an everyday bag. I just made up my mind to enjoy the bag as long as it lasts and not worry about it. I am careful with my bags, so maybe I'll be lucky.

I don't have the stardust, but I have the Alexandra in gold shimmer, which is the same kind of leather you're talking about. I've only used the bag a few times, because I'm afraid it's too delicate for everyday use, and it is. It's a gorgeous bag, but definitely not something I would choose to wear on a daily basis.

I used Apple spray on it before I carried it, which was a great call. When I got it, I was so excited to wear it and absent-mindedly paired it with a new shirt. Bad idea. There was slight purple color transfer on the back of it by the time the day was over. I was able to get all of it off with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol, so it wasn't a big deal, but lesson learned, because I could have really ruined it.

Would I repurchase? Yes. I was expecting this and knew what I was getting into when I got it. I take great care of my bags and have one from 2008 that still looks brand new. When my bags are not in use, they go in their dust bags and in a gift box, and this one is no exception.

If you are going to get it, definitely spray it. Apple spray is completely safe on this leather (which some people have no idea since it is so delicate!) and left no residue, smell, or marks when I applied it. Good luck!

I love this leather and the white is my favorite. but it is delicate. The display bag (glam tote) at the FP store had some spots on it, and I found one at the outlet that looked new, but also had a couple of spots. I finally bought one from the FOS that was perfect.

I bought a wallet from this leather for my daughter and it was so beautiful. But unfortunately while she was shopping the ink from a cash register receipt rubbed against the leather and wouldn't come off.

It's beautiful, but hard to maintain, so it's not really for an everyday bag. I just made up my mind to enjoy the bag as long as it lasts and not worry about it. I am careful with my bags, so maybe I'll be lucky.

A cash register receipt?!! Yikes! I may just get it, baby it and use it until it bites the dust!

I don't have the stardust, but I have the Alexandra in gold shimmer, which is the same kind of leather you're talking about. I've only used the bag a few times, because I'm afraid it's too delicate for everyday use, and it is. It's a gorgeous bag, but definitely not something I would choose to wear on a daily basis.

I used Apple spray on it before I carried it, which was a great call. When I got it, I was so excited to wear it and absent-mindedly paired it with a new shirt. Bad idea. There was slight purple color transfer on the back of it by the time the day was over. I was able to get all of it off with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol, so it wasn't a big deal, but lesson learned, because I could have really ruined it.

Would I repurchase? Yes. I was expecting this and knew what I was getting into when I got it. I take great care of my bags and have one from 2008 that still looks brand new. When my bags are not in use, they go in their dust bags and in a gift box, and this one is no exception.

If you are going to get it, definitely spray it. Apple spray is completely safe on this leather (which some people have no idea since it is so delicate!) and left no residue, smell, or marks when I applied it. Good luck!

Oh, thanks for the tip on spraying her. I have never sprayed any of my bags, but this one sounds like a good one for that! It really is pretty! Thanks!!!

Oh, thanks for the tip on spraying her. I have never sprayed any of my bags, but this one sounds like a good one for that! It really is pretty! Thanks!!!

No problem. I have never sprayed any of my bags either, but upon arrival, I immediately found the spray on eBay and bought it, solely for use on it. It rained Sunday night and I had to run out to Kroger, so I left the bag behind at home because of the weather, but grabbed the wallet in there, which is actually the matching wristlet, which I also sprayed. It poured and inevitably got a few drops of water on it. It dried and there is no spots, thanks to the spray I'm guessing!

A cash register receipt?!! Yikes! I may just get it, baby it and use it until it bites the dust!

I know, right? Since seeing what that ink can do, I make sure I fold my receipts in half with the ink on the inside, and slip it into one of my wristlets where it can't get on the lining of my bag or rub against my wallet.

So so I. I baby my bags...they even sit on a dustbag in my car and at work. Argggh! I just love the color and the feel of this bag! Thanks for your input!

I totally agree! It feels and looks so luxurious! That is why I wanted something in this leather. If I wasn't ocd about my handbags, I'd probably get something in it but I know it would drive me batty. I did spray the wristlet with protector but still haven't used it yet. I take it out and admire it though.....man, that sounds nuts.:biggrin::graucho::biggrin:

No problem. I have never sprayed any of my bags either, but upon arrival, I immediately found the spray on eBay and bought it, solely for use on it. It rained Sunday night and I had to run out to Kroger, so I left the bag behind at home because of the weather, but grabbed the wallet in there, which is actually the matching wristlet, which I also sprayed. It poured and inevitably got a few drops of water on it. It dried and there is no spots, thanks to the spray I'm guessing!

Wow! Thats great to know the spray works so good!!