Starbucks ?

ilove$

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Does anyone know who starbucks target market is? Like what are the demographics of their customers? I've been looking everywhere online and can't really get a good answer on it. Anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

Why don't you contact their Headquarters in Seattle. The Marketing dept. They are very helpful. I did a report on them once along time ago when I got my Masters.

I think they gear towards young professionals.......who would not only be able and willing to spend $5 on a coffee but not think twice about doing it.....also, with the availablity of high speed wireless and a lounge like feel in stores, their trying to get these people in not only for coffee but maybe to sit and chat or do some work (and then buy coffee =)

For further explaination...they wouldnt target anyone younger..their product costs alot for the type of product it is and the younger crowd (teens) wouldnt really be the main focus as for the general assumption that this group would not be able to buy these products or even want to....as for older....these individals have grown up paying maybe $1.50 - $2 most for these types of products and would most likely not accept change as willingly...thus some aspects might get them in the store....in the long run these wouldnt be the customers coming back every morning

I would contact them. I work for a concession at a store and we get all kids of people in and all ages, yet at our meetings we have a specific type of customer which is our target market and who buys from us alot. IMO its not them LOL, but its whatever they say.

Definitely all types!! For young teens it's a cool hangout, for older teens and college kids a place to study, working adults have their drive-through ritual every day before work, and older retired couples come in to share a cup with their sweety or read the paper in the morning.

Right now they are definitely making an effort to broaden their scope into the health-conscious crowd with the new Vivano drinks, but other than that they've always been about serving the community as a whole.