Starbucks: Free Drink On Your Birthday!

Dec 5, 2006
Weddington, North Carolina
Starbucks just announced a new promotion for their Rewards Card holders: get a free drink of your choice on your birthday!
Now, before you ask “What is a Starbucks Rewards Card?” It is simply a Starbucks gift card! I’ve received a few Starbucks Gift Cards through Swagbucks, and until this promotion was announced, I didn’t realize what I was missing by not registering my cards!

Free Syrup Shots: Purchase a beverage with your registered Starbucks Card and you can get select syrup and milk options (like soy) on the house. (90% of the time I treat myself to Starbucks, I get it with a shot of Sugar-free Vanilla. Would sure be nice to not have to pay for that!)
Free Brewed Coffee Refills: When you’re at Starbucks you feel at home. Your registered Starbucks Card gets you brewed or iced coffee refills at no charge. (ok - I assume that means that I can’t bring the same cup back the next day and for the next 18 days…but wouldn’t it be cool if it did!)
Free Beverage with Whole Bean Purchase: Get more coffee with your coffee. When you use your registered Starbucks Card to buy 1 lb of our whole bean coffee, we’ll give you any tall (12 fl oz) beverage of your choice.
I have heard that they very occasionally will send you coupons
and now they have added a free Beverage on your Birthday!

If you don’t have a Starbucks Rewards Card, there are a two things you can do:
Get them free from Swagbucks (130 Swagbucks - not the best bang for your buck, but it is really the only way I can justify the cost of Starbucks..especially when the only thing I ever get from them is about $4: A Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte) and simply register them when they come

The next time you are in Starbucks, just pick up a Rewards Card (gift card) and register it. When you use up the balance, simply reload it with a few dollars so that it always has a balance and that is your “registered Rewards Card”
In both cases, make sure that you provide your mailing address and date of birth and opt to receive mailings from Starbucks, because the coupon will be mailed to you, not loaded on to your card!

ohgirlll

Jan 5, 2009
California
Sweeet! I have to keep the free syrup shots in mind next time since I have a few cards with a few dollars laying around. Thank ya

time to start registering :smile:

Alyana

Jan 13, 2009
NY
www.fleurdelyss.com
I think the free birthday drink is for Starbucks Gold card holders...the card with the $25 annual fee.

A Free Beverage on Your Birthday
All registered Starbucks Gold card holders get a birthday beverage of their choice. Starbucks Gold will make you feel special all year long, but for that one day you’re extra special.

luvprada

O.G.
Nov 23, 2008
They are doing the treat receipt where you come in in the morning and then in the afternoon you can get any drink for $2.00

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
^i always take advantage of that! good deal..

i have a gc that i could probably register.. thanks for posting!

bubblevita

O.G.
May 31, 2006
You also get 2 hours of free wifi with the registered rewards card.
That is a lot of benefits for a free card!

popita

Jul 19, 2008
i love having a registered sbux gc! i use mine 2-3x a week and get such a deal with the free syrups and free soy :biggrin:. i really like their mistos, it is a poor man's latte!

i have had my gc registered for almost a year, and did not receive a free bday offer (unless this offer is something recent, my bday was in june). after i registered last year, i did get a lot of free item offers - e.g. free vivannos, free iced coffee. there wasn't a coupon for the vivannos but the cash register would magically "know" if your card was registered and nothing would be deducted from your balance! it was kind of a risk lol :Push: cuz you hand your card out to pay just like any other transaction.

Bag Lady 923

Mz. More
Sep 20, 2006
NYC
I received the email about this today. It is for the registered reward cards. Log into your account and make sure your birthday is listed and you have a mailing address on file. Also check the box to receive offers. Hope this helps!