Stam wet

sushiette

Jul 18, 2008
Hello,

I think I'm gonna cry my stam marc jacobs is wet, how ? that's a long story, but now there is two colors beige & almost grey at the begining it was beige what can I do, I have to throw it please help me

Thank you

sylvie which is desperate

Perhaps you could post some pictures of the water damage? There are some very innovative members here who might be able to give you some advice on MJ first aid.

Welcome to TPF:heart:

Sushiette, we need to know if it is still wet? If so, you need to let it dry first before you know if it will stay that color. If it's something other than water, that could make a difference. Can you give us more info? Thanks.

Sushiette, we need to know if it is still wet? If so, you need to let it dry first before you know if it will stay that color. If it's something other than water, that could make a difference. Can you give us more info? Thanks.
Yes the bag is still wet and it's only water so you think it's gonna be ok ?

Yes the bag is still wet and it's only water so you think it's gonna be ok ?

I think it will be okay. The color will most likely go back to normal. What may happen though, is there might be a water line. Basically where the wet part and dry part of the bag meet-if that makes sense. Leather cleaner might get rid of that though after the bag has dried.

We need Jun to chime in since she is an expert on leather repairs.

If it is water and still wet, it should be okay when the leather is dry again. I agree that there might be a water line, but I think you should be able to get rid of it with apple conditioner or a leather cleaner, that is not too harsh.

Also don't try to dry it too fast. I have had bad luck trying to speed up leather drying. The leather and the other materials your bag is made of will contract at different speeds and can caus problems. The best thing to do is stuff your bag with crunched up newsprint paper. Leave the frame open and hang it from the chain. This should allow lots of air circulation and make sure the bag dries evenly.

Last edited: