Stam vs. Stam Hobo

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What do you think has more longevity, the Stam or the Stam Hobo? I love the look of the Stam Hobo but I want to get one that won't look dated a year from now...any other styles in your opinion that are more classic is appreciated. Black? Venetia?

2. I think the Stam will last longer than the hobo. I normally avoid black bags and tend to go for brighter colors. I think if you're looking for a classic bag that won't become dated, then definitely go for one of the classic styles like the stam, venetia, blake, or MP, quilted or non-quilted.

3. i initially liked the stam hobo more than the stam and bought it in black... but returned it b/c the size was just a little bit too big on me. i really liked it in black... cashew is a pretty color for the hobo, and also the chestnut.

i'm getting the stam b/c it came in ivory and i need a bag in that color for the summer.

the stam hobo is cute, i've seen it worn over the shoulder too... i say get it, i'm in love w/the quilted mj's at the moment, so chic and classic.

4. I have been going through the same exact dilema! I have been leaning more towards the stam hobo. I think that it is not as expected as the stam, and with a marc jacobs bag, how can you look dated?

5. yes, so true... mj bags cannot look dated... if i were to see the stam hobo on someone even three years from now, i would think- first, she's got good taste and second, it's one of my favorite designs :smile:... i would have definitely have gotten the hobo if i was a little taller.

6. i really like the shape of the hobo and the fact that it isnt as popular or carried as the stam... she's the underdog. i vote for hobo.

7. Definitely the stam. I'm a little biased cuz I have one, but I like that it incorporates a vintage look (kiss lock closure, satchel shape) with modern touches (chain strap, quilting).

I know the stam has been knocked off to death but I think it's popularity speaks to its longevity. I really like the hobo, but I vote for a stam.

8. I say the hobo. I have both and I definately get more use out if the hobo actually my stam is still sitting unused...

9. another vote for Hobo, i love the versatility, i used it for work, for trips, and it looks very stylish with work clothes or jeans....

10. definitely the hobo if you have the height.

i bought a stam (before the hobos existed), but when the hobo was launched i wanted it terribly. thank god i tried it on because it was massive on me, and while i still drool over it even today, i know it just doesn't fit me. i am very, very happy with my standard stam, but i would kill for a hobo if it weren't so long.

11. second that!
    i used to like the stam, but then when i think about it, when i carry it, it prolly wasnt gonna be as practical as i wanted it. while w/ the hobo, i cud just rest if on my shoulder and off i go. and the handle is so comfortable, surprisingly.

size wise, hobo is huge. but hey, if u like big bags, it doesnt matter. i'm only 4'9 btw.. HTH!

12. Good to know. At 5 ft 2, I don't need anything that makes me look any shorter but if you can pull it off, I might just give it a go.