Stam or Mercer E/W Tote?

Should I keep the Navy Mercer E/W Tote or PW Stam?

• E/W Tote

• Patchwork Stam

Results are only viewable after voting.

snforstuff

Nov 20, 2006
I got the Mercer E/W tote during the Barney sale (has not been used at all) and just recently scored a Black Stam from the Bloomies sale. Both were about the same price. I got the E/W tote for 40% off and the Stam for $649. I also got another "mystery" bag and two ZCs so one of these bags have to go... the problem is I can't figure out which one... I wish I could just keep them all!!! So, my dear Pfers, please help me decide! Thank you!

Last edited:
I think that you should keep the stam. It is classy and timeless. Also, I think the E/W tote will pop up in more sales this season and next, so you can always buy it again once you funds have increased!!

i think it's better to have bags than zc's. i would return them if it meant that i could keep both the black stam and the mercer tote.

I definitely agree with tadpole. Keep both bags! Plus, since there's a narrower margin between the original price and sale prices of the ZCs, it's quite possible you can score ZCs for great prices on ebay. Does that make sense? If you keep your eyes open, you can catch ZC's for way under $300 and there are often great BIN or Best Offer opportunities :yes: What was your Mystery bag, btw? Maybe knowing that will assist us all in giving you our opinions

I definitely agree with tadpole. Keep both bags! Plus, since there's a narrower margin between the original price and sale prices of the ZCs, it's quite possible you can score ZCs for great prices on ebay. Does that make sense? If you keep your eyes open, you can catch ZC's for way under $300 and there are often great BIN or Best Offer opportunities :yes: What was your Mystery bag, btw? Maybe knowing that will assist us all in giving you our opinions

the mystery bag is a stone pw "bowler"... the problem is, i bought the bag without knowing exactly how it looks. i just told her i'd take it since it seemed like such a great deal. i did a search afterwards but then learned after posting here that it could be one of many different bags. so, i guess i'll have to wait and see. these sales are really not good for my wallet esp since i have no self-control. :shame:

also, i was thinking the same thing as lanechange84- i probably could buy the e/w tote again in the future maybe even for less... the pw stam seems like too good of a deal to pass. decisions, decisions......

Last edited:
I'd definitely keep the black patchwork stam.
But wait until you bring all of your purchases home... go with how you feel. Which bags/accessories speak to your heart... then decide.
Congrats on scoring great deals. Hey, maybe you could sell what you don't want on ebay and make some extra $$ to buy more stuff!

I have both the PW Stam and the E/W Tote and they are so different its hard to choose between the two -- the Stam is classic and timeless and can be dressed up or worn casually. The E/W tote is a more relaxed bag that's better for casual days. It's so lightweight and easy to carry (esp with the longer messenger style strap) that it makes it perfect for day trips and occasions when you might need to carry a bag for a long period of time and bring a lot with you --

I am almost positive the Bowler you bought is the Mixed Quilt bowler, which, personally -- I've never been much of a fan of. Of all the mixed quilt bags, I'd say that was my least favorite -- I say either cancel the Bowler and/or return it once you get it and keep both the Stam and the E/W Tote