Stam or Cecilia? Black, Gray or Purple?

mjkg28

Sep 7, 2008
Please help! I am on the brink of getting my first MJ bag, and I'm focusing on the basics - Stam or Cecilia. I like that the Cecilia has a zipper close, but I know the Stam is more classic. Also, which color - Black, Gray or Purple? I lean towards black for versatility, but some future day I hope to have a black Chanel flap bag and those would be very similar. I like gray and purple a lot too, just wondering if I would get sick of purple at some point....
Thanks in advance!

I would say a Grey Stam. I like the look of the Stam better than the Cecilia, but it depends what one would be better for you since they are pretty similar and both are nice bags anyways! :biggrin:

purple stam!..... i have an elastic plum (purpley color) stam and i can tell you i haven't gotten sick of it....i have thought of selling it a few times and let me tell you, i nearly died when the thought crossed my mind. remember bags are supposed to be daring...they are supposed to convery what your outfit doesn't always have to.....you have a conservative outfit a purple stam would look great with it....if you have a flashy one it'll look great with it too because it's such a statement it stands on its own....i suggest you go look at al the colors in the store and grab the one that makes your heart go pitter patter.......Good Luck!

Last edited:
Grey cecilia! But that's because the stam doesn't work for me personally.
I think the quilted purple is a little too bright, but again personally I like dark or light purple shades.