Stam Is So Heavy!

I guess I'm a "lightweight" :0
I hated mine and sold it.
I was drawn in by how cute it was, but it lost that appeal after having to lug it around all day.
I think for the same money there are some other styles that just workout better for me.

Wow handbag addict--the stam is heavier than the paddington---you would think it would be the other way around--anyhoo...the stam was too heavy for me also and I took it back a couple of weeks ago---and I tried to wear it without the chain--but i liked it better with the chain--phooey on me!:s

aaah... NYC... you are right. i carried that leather turn-of-the-century-look bag around NYC and received lots of compliments and "where did you get that from" from strangers but had sore neck (it is a sling bag) and shoulder... which i did not realize until now may have something to do with the weight of the bag (my bags had been that weight on average up to now). life style certainly has to do with what bags you works for you :yes:

yeah i hear you, the stam is heavy. I love the way it looks and i just tried it out again in the store this weekend because i love the way it looks!! I put in my basic items like my cell, wallet, keys, lipstick, mints, tissue in the bag to re-test the bag and see if i would feel differently about it now but i still feel it's sooo heavy!! sigh. so no stam for me.

but i think taking out the chain would help a bit with the weight and if you can, just put your keys, credit card and cell =)

i think the bag is ok if you're getting out of the car and walking to some place close by to get stuff done but if you're walking around alot (like NYC), doesn't seem like a great idea.

But yes i agree that sometimes looking great requires some pain but my pain threshold decreases every year... :Push:

Hey Bagpunk, heh I bet you looked absolutely stylish with the turn of the century bag ! :graucho: a few advils will solve the pain...

I have the YSL mombasa i have with the deer horn and even though that's light, the deer horn on my shoulder can be quite painful but OH it's so glamorous!!!

I had the shoulder ache problem as well from carrying heavy bags and now i have to be practical about bags.

looking glam and fashionable doesn't mix well with practicality!!! I used to trot around everywhere in NYC in heels and now i trot around in unglam sneakers! =P

Have a great holiday season!!

The Stam Hobo is great, really light esp. without the chain. I really like it. But I understand about the weight issue, I've been having a love/hate relationship with my Hudson for this very reason. I mean, I love the look and it's so well-designed, easy to stay organized, but it weighs a ton and I don't even fill it all of the way. I'm still using it every day though, I guess fashion wins out!