stam handle questions

are the newer stams as comfotable as an 05 on the shoulder??

• yes, the strap drop is the same, it fits just fine

• no, the strap is a bit shorter and it is uncomfortable

• no the strap is way shorter and it's like trying to squeeze a ventia up in there...

Results are only viewable after voting.

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
hey gals, as you know i have a taupe 2005 stam. now, it fits just fine on my shoulder. but i have heard that the newer styles have a smaller handle drop. is this true? or do they fit comfortably on your shoulder?? does anyone have modeling pics they wouldn't mind sharing?? im considering maybe another stam but i wanna get the facts down before i do. help me out, my MJ lovelies!!

Jun, I can get the Stam handles around my shoulder, but it's tight and the kisslock is poking my armpit!! You are much thinner than I am, though. It might work for you. They handles on my Stam, which I bought in 07, I think and my serial tag is PERM, are shorter than my Taupe or Petrol, which fit comfortably over my shoulder. Maybe some of the other seasons have different lengths. I wish the Stams were made with just a smidge more length. It would be great if I could wear it over my shoulder. I guess I could always lose weight, huh? LOL.

My '05 stam fit perfectly on my shoulder but the more recent versions are not so comfortable IMO. It's a shame, really, b/c I find that I don't carry my stam as much b/c of that. If it were just an inch or so longer that darn kisslock wouldn't be such a pain (literally!). (Honestly, this is why I've been contemplating trading in my stam for a little stam - I love the look of the regular stam but I'm not getting much use out of it b/c of the comfort factor.) Here are a few close ups of the stam on my shoulder. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• stam 011.jpg
    stam 011.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 44
  • stam 012.jpg
    stam 012.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 33
  • stam 013.jpg
    stam 013.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 44
^Yep, the armpit/kisslock issue. That is how mine is!! Wouldn't it be great if the handles were just a bit longer? Why don't they think of these design issues? Maybe the design team needs to hang out with some real women, not just the emaciated models.

I think the designers should read these posts so that they would have a better idea of what the public wants and likes. I read this to see what you gals are saying since you are the experts for sure!!!

Here is a stam from fall '07 (black) and a stam from '08 (grey). The '08 handles are longer and more comfy, allowing shoulder carry with a sweater on. The leather on the '08 is softer and smooshy (goat leather?) which might be the reason for the roominess.

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture663-1.jpg

June, my python trimmed smooth stam from this fall is the only stam I have been able to fit over my shoulder comfortably. My S/S 07 PW and R' 06 CQ were venetia like in the handle department.

Here is a stam from fall '07 (black) and a stam from '08 (grey). The '08 handles are longer and more comfy, allowing shoulder carry with a sweater on. The leather on the '08 is softer and smooshy (goat leather?) which might be the reason for the roominess.

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture663-1.jpg

You know, my PW stam is not quite as roomy when worn on the head either:P. . .hmmmm. . .were they a tad smaller in general?

thank you so much girls!! so i should be loking at somthing from 08 and probably 05 right then? damn, im still kicking myself for missing out on that dk. grey in december...it would have been perfect! :Push:

You know, my PW stam is not quite as roomy when worn on the head either:P. . .hmmmm. . .were they a tad smaller in general?

Yeah, I think the patchwork is not quite that roomy (even for the head) LOL. The other three stams I have are all from '08. The drop does seem a tad bit longer. I can easily fit it on my shoulder all day and forget its there.

Jun, if you have a chance, go to the mall and try out a stam from '08. This might help in your decision.:smile:

I just checked my goat leather stam from 08 and it's tight, so maybe the handles vary from bag to bag. Luckily I'm weird and like carrying mine using the chain.

the only stam that I can "comfortably" carry on my shoulder by the handles is my Petrol Stam from F/W05 -- the handles are thinner and softer, so they stretch more than later stams. I've had the quilted Topaz (r06), Soft quilted Plum (s08), So Cool Pleated (F08) and Navy Darydream (F08) and the handles on those bags are much thicker than my Petrol stam so they don't have the same amount of stretch so the bag sits directly under the armpit, whereas the Petrol drops down slightly more (the handles on the F05 stams aren't necessarily longer, they just stretch more since they're thinner and softer)