Stam: Fall 05 vs. S/S 06

Okay, I guess then that NM had two of the 05 bags but actually I don't think NM even carried the Nappa. Their catalog said Nappa but all the bags they had in stores and online ended up being Icy. My bag looks extra shiny in that pic but it's not really shiny. Still, I think you'd recognize if yours were heavily textured vs. smooth.

I know for fall there will be black again and a Chestnut AND Cashew. I asked my S/A if he was confusing the two nuts :lol: but he said they are actually different colors. There might be another cream coming out as well. I was hoping for some spunky colors but he is evidently keeping it neutral.

Okay, maybe me and you need to have lunch so I can see your stam in person. I may be confusing the 2, and maybe I really do have the icy. I thought I had the nappa because of another person's post. I guess it would be nice if I really knew what I had!!!!!!!

Hey, maybe so! I have the baby Stam in Nappa and there is quite a difference between the two. If you think yours looks smooth then it quite possibly is Nappa. Here's a pic of my baby Nappa (sorry so small) and a closeup of the Icy. Does that help?

Attachments

• violet.jpg
    violet.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 123
  • icy.jpg
    icy.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 123
I just bought the 06 Stam in Black...I love it! I love the more structured look and the leather is so soft. My SA said it will wear over time. Stick with the 06 bag, it's a great bag! When I opened up the box it came in, I was stunned and floored. It was a Kodak moment!

georgiegirl said:
The final straw was that I could carry the Fall 05 very comfortable on my shoulder using the leather straps versus the chain. On my S/S 06, the kiss locks poke me armpits so I have to carry it on my shoulder by the chain.

Georgie Girl--
Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case--the handles on the fall Stams really are a bit longer than on the new S/S versions. I tried a fall bag and it easily fit over my shoulder without the chain, yet the spring bag I bought was too tight. I also think the shape is slightly different--the new ones are more elongated. Any thoughts on that after seeing both together? I think the extra width may be what inhibits the slouchiness of the S/S bags...

^^The actual chain part is the same size but the leather straps on both ends of the chains are maybe 1/4" longer on the 06 bag, making the whole strap about 1/2" longer.

valerieb said:
Georgie Girl--
Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case--the handles on the fall Stams really are a bit longer than on the new S/S versions. I tried a fall bag and it easily fit over my shoulder without the chain, yet the spring bag I bought was too tight. I also think the shape is slightly different--the new ones are more elongated. Any thoughts on that after seeing both together? I think the extra width may be what inhibits the slouchiness of the S/S bags...

Val - The Fall Stam seems smaller than the 06 either because it actually is or because it is more slouchy. Not sure why. I agree, they are not as elongated as the 06. I think it is the leather or something that affects the slouchiness of the S/S bags versus the width. I love my fall stam, but I also miss my Spring one too. I don't regret trading mine in because I just really liked the slouchiness of the Fall and didn't want to miss out on getting one like this since MJ didn't seem to be making them like that anymore. I'm pretty sure that I will buy another Stam in another color and get the more structured version also. I am wanting to see what MJ brings out in the Fall colors. I get so many compliments on my Stam. What a great bag no matter what season you have!!!

Thanks for the comparison--I knew something was different between the two versions! I really wish I had jumped on the original fall stam when I had the chance. Enjoy your beautiful bag!

Hey there,

This is my first post, so hello! I have a f/w stam bag in purple and I love it, however the lock does have a habit of 'popping' open when ther is too much inside. However I love the burgundy suede interior, it's gorgeous! I am a definate marc jacobs fan.

Jen xx

Hey there,

This is my first post, so hello! I have a f/w stam bag in purple and I love it, however the lock does have a habit of 'popping' open when ther is too much inside. However I love the burgundy suede interior, it's gorgeous! I am a definate marc jacobs fan.

Jen xx

Welcome! you are going to love it here!

Hey there,

Jen xx

welcome jenniferj to purse forum! wow, you own the purple stam bag!?! You must post pics of your rare jewel so we can all *drool*. :smile: i've never seen a purple stam.