Stam Bag Reviews

smiles1003

O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
I just bought the bronze Stam bag, with gold hardware. I love the color and the style of the bag. However I was wondering if you ladies who have the stam bag could give me some input on how it wears?

Does the metallic leather flake?

How does the snap closure hold up?

Thank you very much for your input! ;)

dbeth

Feb 6, 2009
Southern California
I have the bronze stam too! I love it!

I havn't used mine enough to see any of the metallic rubbing off........but I have heard that it has a tendency to do that. The snap closure holds up well, I can open it with one hand.

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
no flaking or rub-off has occurred with my bronze bruna or grey lzw and i've used both practically everyday. it was a bigger problem with older season metallic bags, but they must have improved the dyeing method or something.

i also have never had a problem with the kisslock on my stams. if the clasps needs to be tightened or the frame realigned, mj repairs will do it for free within a 24 month period, so i wouldn't worry all too much about it.

smiles1003

O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
Hum, from what is looks like the bronze bruna and the bronze stam have the same leather. Thanks for that input. I am always so cautious about metallic leathers because I have had some issues in the past.

I bought the bag at bloomingdales, so if there are any issues/concerns with a bag are they pretty good about helping the customer?

shop2drop1

On a ball field
Sep 1, 2007
Land of OZ
Just wanted to reassure you in regards to the bronze metallic. I have the single in bronze metallic, and while it doesn't get a lot of use, it is holding up just fine. Also, I own 2 stams and have never had any issues with the kisslocks. Congrats on a gorgeous bag! Go ahead and carry it and enjoy!