Stalking pays...and I can prove it! (Reveal)

Lovely, lovely bag! It's such a sophisticated and *happy* shade.

I couldn't believe how exquisite this bag is in real life, Diane. Huge congrats on finding a Veneta in one of the most beautiful BV leathers ever made!

Like I said previously, I just assumed that I would never find one. I am lucky!
(Thanks Indiaink, as you can see, I was able to answer both quotes.....)

On a few occasions, I have mentioned my admiration for the Nuvolato Veneta. I thought of it as the ‘straw’ bag I’ll never have. I have been on the lookout but without any expectations. Then Good Karma rained down on me…..because I am, after all, living in California, and where else would Good Karma be more plentiful than in California?

Ok….so there was some stalking involved. And maybe a bit of intimidation. But, in the end, I showed admirable restraint. No civilians were caught in the crossfire and everyone involved ended up happily enjoying a cup of coffee. What more could one want?

No BVettes were maimed or killed in the acquisition of this bag.
:yahoo:
that is beautiful and I agree you can use pretty much year-round in So Cal
will you worry about it getting marks or dirty or will you carry often?

that is beautiful and I agree you can use pretty much year-round in So Cal
will you worry about it getting marks or dirty or will you carry often?
I'm not usually hard on things but I see no point in having things if I don't use them. I use my bags without giving it much thought. So far, that's worked for me. When I was younger, I used to "save" things for special occasions, but I eventually realized it was better for me to use things and enjoy them as often as possible....it works best for me at this point in my life.

I'm not usually hard on things but I see no point in having things if I don't use them. I use my bags without giving it much thought. So far, that's worked for me. When I was younger, I used to "save" things for special occasions, but I eventually realized it was better for me to use things and enjoy them as often as possible....it works best for me at this point in my life.
I agree
But I have noticed that whereas a dark colored bag will look almost like new after a couple of years, might lighter colored ones do show more signs of use
Enjoy your gorgeous bag

I agree
But I have noticed that whereas a dark colored bag will look almost like new after a couple of years, might lighter colored ones do show more signs of use
Enjoy your gorgeous bag
True. Maybe there's an advantage with this bag. The color varies because of the treatment. That may hide some of the wear. I suspect that if this bag were a solid very light color, it would show wear more.

I saw that listed! I'm so glad a PF member scooped it up. The description said it was never carried! You really got luckily. It's my go to summer bag. Enjoy!
Has your bag darkened much? My other bags are fairly dark colors so I don't think they will darken. Do you know if they made a pillow in this treatment?

Last edited:
Has your bag darkened much? My other bags are fairly dark colors so I don't think they will darken. Do you know if they made a pillow in this treatment?
No, it hasn't darkened and I think the various tones will hide a multitude of sins. I too use to "save" good things and then they went out of style or didn't fit when I would decide it was time to use them. I still catch myself thinking that way sometimes! I've only seen this treatment in a lido, the Veneta, a wallet and cosmetic case. But not living anywhere near a boutique, my info comes from what I've seen on line.

Gorgeous bag, glad you found her. Or that she found you. :smile:

So unique and one of my favorite BV treatments.
I remember when they first arrived on the scene. A lot of fans quickly tried to pick one up before they disappeared. Amazing that the BV artisans could do this with leather.