Stains on black Prada nylon shopper tote

elledee54

Dec 3, 2019
I've searched high and low for cleaning tips for a specific situation I have. I've only had my black nylon Prada Vela shopper tote for about a year, and the lower half of the bag has many light grey marks. They look like either scuffs or set in dirt. I really do not recall any single instance of the bag getting dirty, though I do use it for travel and in inclement weather instead of my leather bags. I've seen elsewhere on the forum that Prada nylon bags are known for being durable and tough - so I'm wondering now if the bag is a fake. I bought it on Gilt. Here's what I've tried so far 1) warm lightly soapy water with soft bristled tooth brush 2) alcohol wipes 3) eye makeup remover. The bag looks like it gets clean, but then once it fully dries the marks are still there. I'm a bit baffled seeing as some on here have their nylon bags for years and years and they still look great. After spending ~$1k, I really do not want to have to trash this bag! PLEASE HELP!

I've searched high and low for cleaning tips for a specific situation I have. I've only had my black nylon Prada Vela shopper tote for about a year, and the lower half of the bag has many light grey marks. They look like either scuffs or set in dirt. I really do not recall any single instance of the bag getting dirty, though I do use it for travel and in inclement weather instead of my leather bags. I've seen elsewhere on the forum that Prada nylon bags are known for being durable and tough - so I'm wondering now if the bag is a fake. I bought it on Gilt. Here's what I've tried so far 1) warm lightly soapy water with soft bristled tooth brush 2) alcohol wipes 3) eye makeup remover. The bag looks like it gets clean, but then once it fully dries the marks are still there. I'm a bit baffled seeing as some on here have their nylon bags for years and years and they still look great. After spending ~$1k, I really do not want to have to trash this bag! PLEASE HELP!
Photos, please?

Photos, please?
vJbIsu0

No idea. That's just plain weird. The only time I've seen anything resembling that was when my nylon Prada messenger got hit by the surf at the beach. Since it was just saltwater, I brushed it off and that was that.
Thanks for looking - it’s so sad! I’m probably going to fork over Some money to a local handbag shop to see if it can be salvaged. Interesting point about saltwater. Maybe it’s from some sort of dirty / salty rain - I live in NYC and there’s a lot of mysterious dirty water dripping from buildings when there’s bad weather.
I’m hoping someone on here has fixed this stain with their own Prada!

Thanks for looking - it’s so sad! I’m probably going to fork over Some money to a local handbag shop to see if it can be salvaged. Interesting point about saltwater. Maybe it’s from some sort of dirty / salty rain - I live in NYC and there’s a lot of mysterious dirty water dripping from buildings when there’s bad weather.
I’m hoping someone on here has fixed this stain with their own Prada!
Frankly, I don't think those marks are that bad, especially after carrying it through NYC for a year. These bags are intended to effectively be a "beater bag" so we always grab them for inclement weather. I took my cerise (red/cherry) messenger out into a pick your own strawberry patch a few years back. Got tired of getting tangled up in it and would take it off, toss it ahead down the row I was on about 6-8 feet where it landed into the dirt and squished strawberries over and over. I wiped it off when I got home and never think about it.