Stained Vachetta on Damier Azur Speedy

camillef_

Apr 10, 2014
So I stained the vachetta on the handles of my speedy. I had just purchased some drain-o and put it on the floor of the passenger seat at the back. It had tipped over and went under another seat. When I got it, the drain-o was slightly wet but I figured it was just some water from the mat on the floor. My hands were not soiled from the water either, it was probably just droplets on there that were so minimal that i did not get a tissue.

I got home and was about to put my bag in its dust bag when I had noticed these brown stains, but again no visible staining on my hands. With the pictures attached, I had already tried to dap some of the stains out. I used cloth and lightly damped it with water and just dabbed the stains and went back with some dry cloth to prevent water staining. These pictures actually looks a lot better when I first saw the stain but I don't think I can get any more of the stains out. I take really good care of all my bags and I've never had any major stains on them so I'm definitely freaking out!

Any recommendations for what I can use as a general vachetta cleaner?

IMG_8715.jpg IMG_8717.jpg

So I stained the vachetta on the handles of my speedy. I had just purchased some drain-o and put it on the floor of the passenger seat at the back. It had tipped over and went under another seat. When I got it, the drain-o was slightly wet but I figured it was just some water from the mat on the floor. My hands were not soiled from the water either, it was probably just droplets on there that were so minimal that i did not get a tissue.

I got home and was about to put my bag in its dust bag when I had noticed these brown stains, but again no visible staining on my hands. With the pictures attached, I had already tried to dap some of the stains out. I used cloth and lightly damped it with water and just dabbed the stains and went back with some dry cloth to prevent water staining. These pictures actually looks a lot better when I first saw the stain but I don't think I can get any more of the stains out. I take really good care of all my bags and I've never had any major stains on them so I'm definitely freaking out!

Any recommendations for what I can use as a general vachetta cleaner?

View attachment 3684108 View attachment 3684109
There are several vachetta-specific formulas on the market such as Cadillac, Apple, and Barbara's Lovin' My Bags. Each brand will have its own instructions on the packaging and it might take a round or two to lift the stains...unless those stains were caused by the drano which is a caustic substance and would most likely require the leather to be replaced.

Reactions: jules 8
Unfortunately looks like no matter what u will attempt to use won't get the stains out- drain-o is acidic and it's most likely a chemical burn. I highly doubt it can bring any harm to u after it dried, however I am no expert in medical field. I personally wouldn't replace the handles as it isn't so cheap but instead I would tan them a bit in the sun so the stains become less noticeable. I think all stains tell a story but if u can't live with them then ur best option would b to prob sell:sad:

Reactions: clazaro