Stained Satin Lining--any suggestions?

Brooke11

polisher
Apr 13, 2008
I was just digging around in my Carly when I noticed that some of my stuff felt a little damp/greasy; I dug deeper and discovered that my Vera Bradley checkbook cover was stained. I dumped out my purse and found that my blue satin lining (not to be confused with blue satan lining, haha) is stained. It turns out this tiny bottle of hand sanitizer I had in my purse had leaked.. barely.. but it got all over the lining of my Carly. Luckily, my Madison wallet and my gunmetal mini skinny were ok (since they live near the top of my bag). My checkbook cover is drying now, I just washed it with water and a little soap. I'm soooo glad none of it soaked through to the outside of the bag--I guess this just goes to show that the beautiful lining inside our Coach bags really does have a useful purpose :smile:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean this? I'm thinking I'll use a little soap and water and keep it inside out to dry... does anyone have a better suggestion? Or experience with hand sanitizer stains?

Thanks so much!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I cleaned the inside of my Bleeker tote which is the same type of lining with a a tide pen and then took diluted dawn dish soap and scrubbed it clean. I let it then hang and air dry. All the stains came out!

Thanks for the tips everyone--I think I may test out the tide pen, rubbing alcohol, and just water on a few sections--I never even see my lining anyway with all the stuff I keep in my purse, so it will be interesting to try and see which works best. I'll pick up supplies tonight and give you all an update as soon as everything is dry :smile:

Someone posted about some product with the name "Grandma's" in it not too long ago that was supposedly wonderful & sold at fabric stores

Yep! That was me... got ink on the lining of my parker hippie. Grandma's Secret Spot Remover works great! I cleaned the lining of my makeup bags as well and they look perfect now. If all else fails, try this stuff :smile: