Stage manager stole bags to try & sell on ebay!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Associated Press

[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]

NEW YORK - A stage manager has been charged with stealing $30,000 of designer bags and clothing from the television show "Lipstick Jungle" and trying to sell them on eBay.

Arthur Moreira, 27, was arrested Friday after investigators posing as buyers found missing items at his apartment. The haul included 16 coats, bags and suits by Prada, Gucci, Fendi and Dolce & Gabbana.

The Brooklyn District Attorney's office said prosecutors investigated after an employee of Paris fashion designer Sylvia Toledano saw a crystal-encrusted clutch that had been loaned to the show for sale on the Internet.

Prosecutors said Moreira offered to sell the bag and a Burberry coat for less than retail value by explaining that "they fell off the back of a truck."

Moreira worked for a Brooklyn storage and production facility used by the NBC show, which stars Brooke Shields, Lindsay Price and Kim Raver.

Moreira was scheduled to be arraigned Saturday. It was unclear whether he had an attorney.

2. just read this in the news.....came out about an hour ago.....
    the lengths that some people will go to make $$$$$.....

any buyers from the forum????

3. OMG!!! I love that show too!

"fell off the back of the truck" :wtf:

4. I'm surprised he'd actually said the items 'fell off the back of a truck'....that's pretty much synonym for stolen goods!

5. Wow now that is juicy!

Meno, you've been MIA for a few days, hope everything's ok

6. LOL... hilarious! Before the Camel LIly (retail $768) debuted and was available even for order, one of our members snagged one on eBay for less than $400. the person selling it said it had only been used on one photoshoot. that person sold many other designer items (a black lily, chanel sunglasses, etc...) I remember thinking at the time that she was going to get caught selling items that were loaned out.

7. Wow thats a crazy story!

8. welp someone's going to jail

9. I just cannot believe NBC axes this GREAT show and keeps crap like Momma's boys and some of their other crap shows.

Shame on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Yeesh.. anything for a buck these days !

11. Is it officially cancelled? I heard they almost cancelled it in the fall but that it is up in the air for now? If you have info please post a link please! I need to be able to properly greive!!!!

12. wow,,fell of the back of a truck, huh?

The show just aired in Sweden but I haven´t seen it yet as I heard it was cancelled in the US because it was not worth watching. Hmmmm, I will have to watch it now I guess;)

13. i watched the first few shows but didn't really like it much, not surprised it was axed.

14. He'd dumb. I love that show! I thought the story of it's being canceled was just a rumor?

15. #15 Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    Is Lipstick Jungle cancelled? Part XXI

Posted on 15 January 2009 by Robert Seidman
    In the never ending saga (it’s not crazier than the Jericho story…yet) Broadcasting & Cable writes of Lipstick Jungle:
    NBC Primetime Entertainment President Angela Bromstad said the network had not officially canceled Lipstick Jungle at the Television Critics Association winter press tour Thursday.
    She said NBC may look for alternatives for the series, but that it’s part of the conversation for fall.
    “We have to see how things go with pilots,” she said.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/01/15/is-lipstick-jungle-cancelled-part-xxi/10950

This was also on http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/lipstick-jungle-is-there-still-hope-for-the-cancelled-tv-show/

But, perhaps due to the media attention and viewer support, NBC started to backpedal a bit. The head of the network, Ben Silverman, said that he was actually waiting to see how well the final episodes performed before making up his mind about the show’s future. By all accounts, this is accurate.

This wait-and-see attitude is likely one of the reasons that Lipstick was shifted to the more attractive 9pm hour. Despite an uneven holiday schedule, Jungle’s audience has been steadily growing – climbing from 3.44 million to 4.17 million. That’s pretty decent growth, especially for a show that was essentially dumped onto Friday nights and that airs opposite Ghost Whisperer, a much more popular series that’s aimed at a similar demographic. Unfortunately, 4.17 million still isn’t very many viewers for a network show. If tonight’s ratings are even higher, will they be enough?

Where does Jungle stand? By all accounts, NBC still hasn’t made up its mind about the show’s future. After tonight, they’ll likely compile all the numbers and see if it makes financial sense to order additional episodes. It seems highly unlikely that the ladies will be back but it seems this little show still has some fight left in it. What do you think?