stacking Yurman cable bracelets?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone here have Yurman cable bracelets that they wear stacked everyday?

I was given two 5mm cable bracelets for Christmas (my first Yurman items!) :yahoo:and was thinking of wearing them everyday, but I'm afraid that with them banging against each other, I'll wear down the silver/gold. (They're a little loose, so they'll slide against each other as I'm moving my arm.) Thoughts anyone?

Do these bracelets wear well to begin with? (I'm afraid of the jewels becoming cloudy.)

Also, they're both topaz. What are your thoughts of wearing two of the same? I have the gift reciept, so I can trade for a different color. Amethyst maybe?

TIA!

(I'm so addicted to Yurman, I've already bought another bracelet! Augh! I'm purposefully not even looking at all your gorgeous albion purchases :P)

2. It's my dream to eventually own 3 of the 5mm cables. I currently have the blue topaz.
    Would love to get the amethyst, peridot, or onyx to add to it.

3. I am a huge fan of stacking. I stack multiple types of DY bracelets and I don't think it hurts them at all!

4. I also wear two everyday and have for the last 4 years (everyday!). I have never seen any damage to the jewels or the gold surrounding them. There are a few dents and nicks in the silver cable part, but I don't really even notice them.

5. Gorgeous bracelets, SuLi! Maybe I'll wear my two 5mm with the crossover I got.

Thanks for all your input!

Last question: Should I keep the two topaz, or switch one of the topaz colors for a different one? I like that they match, but I think it'd also be nice if there was some variety.

6. I think that you should go for variety unless topaz has a special meaning for you. The fun thing about Yurman bracelets is being able to mix and match. I don't wear all four of my bangles at once, but wear either two or three at most (but bare as far as wearing other jewelry).

Good luck!

7. I don't think it will hurt the bangles to wear more than one at a time. I wear just one bangle and I bang it on things all the time and it's still fine (has some bumps, etc. but that adds character and is inevitable).

8. switch one to another color. i think they look adorable and almost like candy when you mix and match different colors.

9. They wear well, I have had my 8mm cable bracelet over 10 years and it still looks great, it is black onyx though so I don't know how the other gems wear. I don't really like them stacked, but if you like the look go for it. Personally I would probably exchange the 2 smaller bracelets for 1 larger bracelet and then wear it alone.