Travel St. Tropez!

kayti

Jan 21, 2010
I did a search and shockingly found nothing on St. Tropez! I'm traveling tomorrow morning so it's not a lot of time to solicit advice... I figured there'd be a thread with lots of recommendations but alas there is none. Perhaps this thread can help someone else in the future..

Any last-minute advice on where to shop/eat/swim/drink? Otherwise, I'll add my own advice when I return from my trip...

CIAO

kayti said:
I did a search and shockingly found nothing on St. Tropez! I'm traveling tomorrow morning so it's not a lot of time to solicit advice... I figured there'd be a thread with lots of recommendations but alas there is none. Perhaps this thread can help someone else in the future..

Any last-minute advice on where to shop/eat/swim/drink? Otherwise, I'll add my own advice when I return from my trip...

CIAO

Nikki beach (day club), les caves du Roy (night club), VIP room (night club).... I also really like la voile rouge but I think it closed. Enjoy - u r going to have so much fun. Make sure u have ur ride figured out after clubbing taxis are not always available.

CIAO

Kayti, we are traveling to Sainte Maxim (across the harbor from St.Tropez) in September. Did you have a nice trip? Any tips?

Sternchen said:
Kayti, we are traveling to Sainte Maxim (across the harbor from St.Tropez) in September. Did you have a nice trip? Any tips?

Omg it's amazing here! I'm here until Saturday. We are staying close to St Maxime actually. We rented a villa with an amazing view. But we got robbed!!! So if you're renting a villa, lock the gate and shutters, windows, doors!! We were warned that there have been lots of robberies in the past few years here but with 10 people in and out of the villa we were a bit careless with locking the gate.

Anyway, Nikki Beach is the best! Dress to impress. Oh, but it should be called Nikki POOL. You can't access the beach!!!

Club 55 is much more low key than Nikki, more down to earth. That's where I saw Kim Kardashian's mother at lunch. There's an actual beach there.

Traffic back to St Maxime from the beach is CRAZY!! Plan for 2 hours to get back!

I went to VIP Room and Les Caves Du Roy, they are overpriced and smoky clubs but open late and lots of fun.

I'm on my phone now but I can write more later. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

uwsgirl2004 said:
Nikki beach (day club), les caves du Roy (night club), VIP room (night club).... I also really like la voile rouge but I think it closed. Enjoy - u r going to have so much fun. Make sure u have ur ride figured out after clubbing taxis are not always available.

Omg I am having the time of my life here! We have 2 rental cars and have been arranging drivers/taxis to and from the clubs. We have had NO problems getting taxis (unlike in Monaco last week but that's another story!) i love how huge the bottles are here, it's so over the top... At Nikki the table next to us by the pool ordered a champagne shower which must have cost 100.000€. They pressured us to buy a 55.000€ bottle of Cristal at lunch! Ummm, NO! That's the only thing I didn't like about Nikki: sales pressure. Same problem at VIP. Our hostess has been texting us everyday to come back. It's worked, we've been there 3 times this week, but it's a bit much. I don't know if Les Caves pressured us because I arrived late after we'd ordered our bottles. All around crazy experience. I wish I could afford to stay longer, lol!!

kayti said:
Traffic back to St Maxime from the beach is CRAZY!! Plan for 2 hours to get back!
There is a boat service which goes between Ste Max and St Trop. Can't remember when the last one goes at night though but it is way faster than sitting on the coast road. Can get busy in summer though so best get tickets in advance - right near the Capitainerie in the port (where all the fountains & chandlery is).

Would also reiterate about keeping everything secure too - we lock doors & shutters even if we are on the terrace or in the house. Mind you it gets that hot you have to keep shutters closed most of the time anyway!

For those that prefer a more sedate and sophisticated time, Ste Max is great. St Trop is more flashy & slebby.