Travel St Lucia after the hurricane

Well I just booked trip and leave in a week! Staying 2 nights at Coco Palms for $53 a night while we do some island activites and go out to eat, etc, then a night in Martinique, then 3 nights in Sandals Halycon, and down to Soufriere for 2 nights at Ladera! Come home for 3 days and then off to England for Christmas!

My boyfriend's sister and her husband were on their honeymoon at Sandals during the October hurricane. They were stuck there for an EXTRA week (not free). Resort flooded, airport flooded... it sounded like a nightmare. The pictures they came back with were pretty bad.

I have no idea how it is now though.

I am heading to St. Lucia on January 5th for a week and this is the first I've heard of the hurricane. Apparently I live under a rock. We'll be staying at Ladera and Cap Maison. Please check in when you get back and let me know how it is.

Ladera is in the badly damaged area (Soufriere)...there are some very scary pictures of the damage there, but they are reopening at the end of next week. From what I have heard water is back and the main road to the north is reopened. If you google Hurricane Tomas you can read about it..it really wasn't given enough media attention out here!