St Louis Strap Cracking/Breaking Problem!

Me too! Haha I was so relieved when it came off. The cracking isn't bad enough to get it reglazed yet. Do these issues with the Saint Louis bag bother you at all?

That's a good question, I think the answer is - it depends on how quickly I start to see the bag age. I just got my bag on Sunday (black/black GM) and have used it every day since then with no problems so far. But this site and the stories shared have terrified me. Despite the premature aging I read on this forum, I decided to get the bag and take a chance. But I am not someone that wants my bag to look new forever. If my bags handles started to crack within only a few months or just after a few days of use, or the Goyard print started to rub off within a few months - then yes, I would be 'really' upset. But if it starts to show wear after say like 6 months, I don't think I would care. It's like a brand new car - the first scratch is painful and then it just becomes part of the car, a story.

I see used Hermes bags, and unglazed LV bags, and Goyard bags that are aging with holes in the corners and I actually love the way it looks. I have a longchamp bag that is 10 years old that has holes in the corners and I just love it (ok yes it is slightly cheaper than Goyard, lol!). Before I bought my bag, I saw a woman carrying a Goyard PM and I started to talk to her. Her bag is four years old and it had aged - and it just looked great!

Reactions: msspooky09
Haha I totally agree. It's true the first scratch always hurts and then you get over it!

I love my yellow bag but I almost wish I got a more season-neutral color because I don't think I'm going to buy another, or at least yet. Thinking it might be best to diversify my bag collection before I double-up!

Haha I totally agree. It's true the first scratch always hurts and then you get over it!

I love my yellow bag but I almost wish I got a more season-neutral color because I don't think I'm going to buy another, or at least yet. Thinking it might be best to diversify my bag collection before I double-up!

I think yellow is gorgeous, I hope you continue to enjoy your Goyard, despite and wear it may show :smile:
Yes, diversifying is always a good idea.

I am thinking, if I enjoy my St Louis, I may go for the Bellechasse next. It's double the money but more substantial. Time will tell.....

I just got my bags today and noticed these cracks. One handle on white looks completely sealed but others cracked. Is this normal ?

Attachments

• 85398DC2-C452-4FCA-A0F1-10A4E5A18B28.jpeg
    85398DC2-C452-4FCA-A0F1-10A4E5A18B28.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 1906653F-D4B5-4D29-B50B-730FF96FFFC9.png
    1906653F-D4B5-4D29-B50B-730FF96FFFC9.png
    571.5 KB · Views: 199
I just got my bags today and noticed these cracks. One handle on white looks completely sealed but others cracked. Is this normal ?
Hi
I just received my grey one two days ago And two sides of the handles are the same picture as your black handle. I don’t know if this is normal. Please let me know if you heard anything.