St Louis PM great travelling bag

Jasmine1Q84

May 18, 2016
I don't usually use an open top tote bag for travelling because of the lack of closure. I'm one of those ppl who's paranoid abt things spilling out. But I decided to try out my new St Louis on a recent flight since I was using a purse organiser inside that has a zipper closure. I love how well it worked out on the plane!

As y'all can see, it fitted perfectly under the seat in front of me, which is where I always keep my handbag. And the purse organiser made the whole thing even better. The bag was really full but the organiser was flexible enough that I cld close the zipper with no problems. And the great thing abt that then was the handbag stayed nice and upright and without me having to fiddle with the bag itself when I have to secure the bag, or when reaching for items inside. So less wearing and tearing for the actual bag that way.

I loved using the organiser on this occasion bc I didn't have to rummage through my bag looking for things! I kept my most used items in the side pockets and it was such a relief to be able to just reach in grab what I wanted! When you're in a tight space, it's a relief to be able to do this.

The shoulder straps were soft and pliant enough that they easily folded over each other when the bag went under the seat. This was a problem with my large Longchamp Le Pliage tote - the straps were stiff making the bag very hard to fit under the seat esp when the bag was full. The straps of one Le Pliage ended up getting scratched by the metal things under the seat. This is why I stopped using the Le Pliage when I'm flying.

In conclusion, I think the St Louis PM is the best travelling bag ever!

IMG_1500160934.261298.jpgIMG_1500160959.488977.jpg

I don't usually use an open top tote bag for travelling because of the lack of closure. I'm one of those ppl who's paranoid abt things spilling out. But I decided to try out my new St Louis on a recent flight since I was using a purse organiser inside that has a zipper closure. I love how well it worked out on the plane!

As y'all can see, it fitted perfectly under the seat in front of me, which is where I always keep my handbag. And the purse organiser made the whole thing even better. The bag was really full but the organiser was flexible enough that I cld close the zipper with no problems. And the great thing abt that then was the handbag stayed nice and upright and without me having to fiddle with the bag itself when I have to secure the bag, or when reaching for items inside. So less wearing and tearing for the actual bag that way.

I loved using the organiser on this occasion bc I didn't have to rummage through my bag looking for things! I kept my most used items in the side pockets and it was such a relief to be able to just reach in grab what I wanted! When you're in a tight space, it's a relief to be able to do this.

The shoulder straps were soft and pliant enough that they easily folded over each other when the bag went under the seat. This was a problem with my large Longchamp Le Pliage tote - the straps were stiff making the bag very hard to fit under the seat esp when the bag was full. The straps of one Le Pliage ended up getting scratched by the metal things under the seat. This is why I stopped using the Le Pliage when I'm flying.

In conclusion, I think the St Louis PM is the best travelling bag ever!

View attachment 3764495View attachment 3764496
Wow, that's great to know!!

Reactions: Jasmine1Q84
My Goyard St Louis PM is my most-used bag ever! I don't bring it for travelling though as I'm afraid of being pickpocketted.

Your Goyard looks great especially with those Chanel espadrilles!

My Goyard St Louis PM is my most-used bag ever! I don't bring it for travelling though as I'm afraid of being pickpocketted.

Your Goyard looks great especially with those Chanel espadrilles!

The Purse to Go organiser with the zipper closure makes the St Louis a joy to travel with. I wouldn't have used this tote for travelling if it wasn't for this purse organiser. It zips easily even though I have it quite full.
Thank you :smile: It's my first time travelling with a Chanel espadrille and can't believe how comfortable they are.

I agree! I also used my St. Louis PM on a recent plane trip, and it carried my magazines, books and ipad perfectly, along with my wallet and other sensitive info in my organizer. I also use the Purse to Go zipped organizer, which is perfect for keeping your essentials safe in an open tote.

Reactions: Jasmine1Q84
Looks great! Thanks for sharing. I am
hoping to buy one soon and wondering if the handle drop is long enough to be comfortable for travelling?

The strap drop is about 18cm/7 1/2 inches. The top of the bag fits quite snugly under my arm - which I like. When travelling, having the bag so snug up my arm is a plus in terms of security. This may be too snug for some ppl but because the bag is so soft that it lays quite flat on my body - a huge plus for me. And this is why I find the St Louis to be a more comfortable and practical tote than the LV Neverfull.

The strap drop is about 18cm/7 1/2 inches. The top of the bag fits quite snugly under my arm - which I like. When travelling, having the bag so snug up my arm is a plus in terms of security. This may be too snug for some ppl but because the bag is so soft that it lays quite flat on my body - a huge plus for me. And this is why I find the St Louis to be a more comfortable and practical tote than the LV Neverfull.

Thanks so much! This is very helpful.