St Louis PM colour for a dude

alterego

Dont touch my bag
O.G.
Jun 29, 2009
Hi all!
For about 2 years I've been coveting a St. Louis in size PM. I want a bag I can throw around and not really worry about babying..just something casual. I'm pretty much a jeans and t-shirts or sportswear kinda guy. I really love the burgundy colour a lot but since there are no Goyard retailers here in Miami, I don't know how the colour comes across. I certainly don't want it to look like a loud red bag..just not my style. The other colour I like is black with black handles..but I already have a ton of black bags and want a little colour without looking feminine. So that's my predicament. What's a good universal colour for a dude to carry.

So what do you think ladies and gents? Burgundy or black?
Thanks a million for your input!

Thank you all for the kind responses! I see burgundy is a good choice. :smile:

*qaz393...I think the St. Louis is pretty much a unisex bag.

*footlocker...I think the PM size is just right for my needs..I don't want to carry around a huge tote though I wish I could see and hold one IRL. I've seen a few ladies and guys carrying it for their ladies around town and I think its pretty accommodating for a guy's errand bag. The Birkin you see is my workhorse, clemence in size 40. So the St. Louis will feel like a feather if I don't load it up. :smile:

BTW green and dark purple were in my list of choices too..It was hard narrowing it down. Goyard has such a beautiful selection of colours.

Thank you all for the kind responses! I see burgundy is a good choice. :smile:

*qaz393...I think the St. Louis is pretty much a unisex bag.

*footlocker...I think the PM size is just right for my needs..I don't want to carry around a huge tote though I wish I could see and hold one IRL. I've seen a few ladies and guys carrying it for their ladies around town and I think its pretty accommodating for a guy's errand bag. The Birkin you see is my workhorse, clemence in size 40. So the St. Louis will feel like a feather if I don't load it up. :smile:

BTW green and dark purple were in my list of choices too..It was hard narrowing it down. Goyard has such a beautiful selection of colours.

too feminine for me.

Interesting....I'll take that under consideration footlocker I just don't wanna look like I'm carrying a gigantic bag. I wish I could hold either of these sizes to make the right choice 'for me'. It's not an inexpensive bag to buy then just have it hanging in the closet because it's too big or too small for me for daily use. Thank you for your input.

If you like Goyard but find it too feminine, you have the opportunity to ask for a custom order = your own and unique bag.
I did it. The only issue is you have to wait 3 to 6 months...

If you like Goyard but find it too feminine, you have the opportunity to ask for a custom order = your own and unique bag.
I did it. The only issue is you have to wait 3 to 6 months...

Thanks Koub for your suggestion! I know it's worth the wait and I bet your custom bag is to die for! :smile:

I don't find the Goyard St Louis feminine at all. In my eyes its a tote bag with very straight forward lines and shape. What may make it seem girly is the colour. I know I love deep and dark red earth tones and I'm secure enough to carry such a colour but not a bright shocking red bag...that was my predicament but after reading many posts and seeing many pictures I think the burgundy will be fine for me in size PM. In the late 80s, I carried Cartier leather goods and I loved that deep wine colour..I think Goyard is very similar.

I'm also thinking of personalizing it..but that's a whole other dilemma. (LOL)