St Louis PM colour for a dude

Guys cannot pull it off.

^I've seen a few in my area (London) UK Kings Road; and the guys were not gay, and rocked the bag. They looked great and the bag was eye catching. I do think more noticed because you don't see males too often with the St. Louis. Or at least I don't. Now as for the US, I have yet to see any men with Goyard period, women as well.

st. louis is a girls bag. its like the lv neverfull and if guys were to use that, they would be branded as gay.

That's your opinion^ which is fine, I disagree with you.
The guys that I saw with the St. Louis were NOT gay. They very much "owned" the bag and it's style. I know the majority agrees with you, and perhaps my opinion would be different had I not seen the men I came across, kwim.

That is no different than saying guys are "branded" gay if they wear pink. I certainly wouldn't think of a guy as straight or gay. I just think, wow he has great style:lol:

The both of you, a guy cannot get away with this bag. This is much like me with my failed theoretical exercise of buying a Himalaya Birkin at $80,000 and claiming I can get away with it. You can fool yourself but not the world. A girls bag is a girls bag. The St Louis Tote is a girls bag. It is not Unisex.

That's your opinion^ which is fine, I disagree with you.
The guys that I saw with the St. Louis were NOT gay. They very much "owned" the bag and it's style. I know the majority agrees with you, and perhaps my opinion would be different had I not seen the men I came across, kwim.

That is no different than saying guys are "branded" gay if they wear pink. I certainly wouldn't think of a guy as straight or gay. I just think, wow he has great style:lol:

I must agree and side with you PinkSuadeSoho. Lets keep sexual orientation out of this as it has no place here. There are heterosexual women that are masculine in nature and heterosexual men that are feminine in nature.

I have come to the conclusion from this post not to ask about masculinity or femininity in this forum because there are many that may lack the sophistication, confidence, and or understanding from either cultural, religious, or stylistic view points. I, as well as many others such as yourself, may have been blessed to see beyond sexual orientation in terms of style and fashion. May I point out to those that may lack the modern understanding that less than a century ago (plus minus) it was unheard of for a woman to wear pants, smoke cigarettes, or hold jobs deemed for men such as engineering, medicine, upper management, law..or even vote. Today we would not call these woman "gay" or any such label that may seem derogatory in society.

I carry a 35 and 40 cm Birkin despite what people may "think" it is with confidence and pride. We've come a long way and quite frankly, I wish I could withdraw this original question because it's upsetting that persons would correlate sexual orientation with wearing or carrying a bag or a certain colour. If anything..it has taught me a lesson not to ask such questions as the world is not as open minded and advanced as I thought it was. My comment is not meant to offend anyone but to voice my opinion and hopefully enlighten others.

I carry a 35 and 40 cm Birkin despite what people may "think" it is with confidence and pride. We've come a long way and quite frankly, I wish I could withdraw this original question because it's upsetting that persons would correlate sexual orientation with wearing or carrying a bag or a certain colour. If anything..it has taught me a lesson not to ask such questions as the world is not as open minded and advanced as I thought it was. My comment is not meant to offend anyone but to voice my opinion and hopefully enlighten others.

If you Google me I am quite a controversial character but even I relented on the Birkin. It is a girls bag. Even Hermes told me not to!

I must agree and side with you PinkSuadeSoho. Lets keep sexual orientation out of this as it has no place here. There are heterosexual women that are masculine in nature and heterosexual men that are feminine in nature.

I have come to the conclusion from this post not to ask about masculinity or femininity in this forum because there are many that may lack the sophistication, confidence, and or understanding from either cultural, religious, or stylistic view points. I, as well as many others such as yourself, may have been blessed to see beyond sexual orientation in terms of style and fashion. May I point out to those that may lack the modern understanding that less than a century ago (plus minus) it was unheard of for a woman to wear pants, smoke cigarettes, or hold jobs deemed for men such as engineering, medicine, upper management, law..or even vote. Today we would not call these woman "gay" or any such label that may seem derogatory in society.

Excellent post!

I don't think about one's sexual orientation when I see what they wear.

It's interesting how people judge so harshly on looks. When I workout or go running, I wear a baseball hat and sunglasses. Sometimes I may wear a cute outfit, other times not so much. I'm more about comfort than what I look like when I am sweating. I'm always amazed at how I am perceived when I am in work out gear vs when I am dressed normal - out and about, be it work, travel or with my kids.
I wanted to add that I've seen many people who carry very expensive handbags while they are struggling to make rent each month, just from what I've witnessed on this forum. I suppose you place importance on what matters to you most. I would never purchase a bag if I couldn't cover rent, but I also won't judge those that do. I don't understand why people judge from the outside, meaning you have no idea if someone is financially well off just from a bag they carry, or car they drive, or clothes they wear. I have friends that are very well off and they could care less about what they wear and drive. Kudos to them, I'll continue getting sucked deeper into the label hole. I love my brands, as shallow as it may be. I digress.

alterego said:

Great post!!! I never really visit goyard subforum in the past. the reply I read from this thread is not very positive compared to most subforum. I think the tote is a unisex tote as well. And there is nth wrong with gay . A woman wears a men's bag will not look like a man or lesbian.

Some people just care way to much about what others think of them, which is quite sad when you come to think of it.

Mr. Alterego, I have Black/Gold GM and I rock it :smile: