St Louis Owners - what do you put in your attached wallet?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a St Louis GM (in black/tan) that I purchased this summer. It was fortuitious as I broke some fingers and could only use a shoulder bag. So my GM has had lots of use. So much so, that I'm going to get another. But . . . I was wondering how everyone used the attached wallet. Mine still is wrapped in tissue at the bottom of the bag. So -- give me some great ideas for it's use.

2. I have the exact same bag you do...and just saw my BG SA using her wallet....as a WALLET:smile: She just throws her stuff in it and takes it out of the bag. I have a white one and a black one...think I need to start using them too!

3. I tend to put things in the wallet that I use frequently and need to be able to find quickly when I am using my St Louis GM.

Things I put in it include:
    - My house keys
    - My tram/train/bus ticket when I am in a city where I catch public transport
    - A ticket I get when I've parked the car somewhere that needs me to have the ticket validated before I can get the car back
    - My iPhone

I don't know that I could use it as a wallet, I usually carry too much in a wallet for it to all fit in that tiny pouch!

4. I put my cell phone in it, that way I can always find it when it's ringing

5. Great ideas Mette. Beth, can you still hear your phone when it's inside? I was thinking something I could just leave such as tissues, mini wipes, etc.

As an aside, is the black/tan St Louis & the black St Louis the same "fabric"?

6. I think?? What do you mean? I have the black on black...and the leather is the same, and then the bag is painted canvas...

7. Sorry I was not clear ryrybaby. I have the tan/black bag & was thinking of getting the black on black. I wondered whether the painted canvas was the same but just with black leather instead of tan leather? I cannot remember from when I saw it this summer & cannot tell from the photos.

8. ^ it is the same black coated canvas, the only difference being hte colour of the lethaer trim, either black or tan(natural as Goyard calls it) leather.

I put either valet ticket, keys, bag hook, receipts in the attached wallet. Very helpful for frequent access items.

9. I use mine for receipts and all of those store cards that add up.

10. I don't keep anything in it!

11. I keep a pen in there, and some receipts.

12. Me neither!

13. i also keep a pen in there. and some hair elastics.

14. ayengel and chloe13 what a great idea! I am so afraid to put a pen in my bag incase the ink would leak all over the inside of my bag. But if it were in this pouch I wouldn't care if it leaked.

I do keep my cell phone in there and I love it. No digging around looking for it!

15. i keep my cell phone and excess receipts in it.