st louis gm or totally

linden

Jul 26, 2006
I'm on the hunt for a travel tote. I would love to have a st louis gm but I'm concerned about the lack of a zipper. I've looked at other Goyard styles but I keep going back to the st louis. My second choice is the lv totally because it has a zipper. Opinions?

Yes, they make them but they are not as pretty as the others. I use a jumbo (I think) in my St Louis (not the GM) and it leaves me plenty of room to add other items as well.

That marquises is gorgeous! I think it may be too small to travel with though. Thanks qaz393.

I live in the Bay Area so I think I will take a trip up to San Francisco this week and "test" the bags at both Goyard and LV:biggrin:

I'd go for the Goyard simply because they are less seen IRL
I add a light sweater to the St Louis to ensure safety. I thought not having a zipper would bother me, but I adore how easy the bag is to get in and out of. Also you don't see everyone with a Goyard.

pink I used the same logic when explaining to my husband my attraction to Goyard:smile:

Damier I looked at the sac hardy and thought it was really nice but I keep seeing comments about it being a pet carrier. I'll have to check it out at the boutique.

I have a new St. Louis GM (DH bought it for me recently in London), and the canvas is really flimsy/floppy and thin. Granted, it is really a beautiful and unique pattern/print, but the canvas feels so much thinner than the LV canvas. So, if you think you might load it up with stuff and you don't care particularly about the uniqueness of the canvas printI would go with the Totally (MM, the GM seems huge).

you guys a comparing two very different purses. its like apples to orange. st. louis is a tote design. they have bags that are more compariable to totally. since st. louis is one of the cheaper goyard bag, its only fair to compare it to LV cheaper bag like neverful......